Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD Box Sets Playing One At A Time
03-05-2018, 16:30
RE: CD Box Sets Playing One At A Time
(03-05-2018 14:51)paultaylor Wrote:  (Just in case you don't know you can use Cntl-PrintScreen and then Cntl-V to paste a screenshot)

Alt-PrtSc takes a screen shot of the currently focused window. Ctrl-PrtSc takes a screenshot of the entire desktop (same as PrtSc).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2018, 22:43
@winklehoc

To answer your original query, we still need to know what you are using to select and play tracks, and whether the top level menu there includes [folder view].

It would also help if you could describe the sequence of actions you are using to play a box set, and how that differs (if at all) from the way you play single disc albums. Are you, for instance, trying to play individual discs from the box set? If you are, does the listing of the album that you see show the discs separately?

David
08-05-2018, 16:32
Ok I have locked myself in a dark room for a couple of days and thanks to some very useful comments from you guys, I think I have it sussed. The 'Album' tag seems to have been the problem. I found the the 'album' title included the Disc number. I removed the disk number from the title and now everything plays in sequence. So job done, I am going to have a bit more of a play, now I understand the tagging a bit more.
Thanks again for you guidance.
08-05-2018, 18:57
(08-05-2018 16:32)winklehoc Wrote:  I think I have it sussed. The 'Album' tag seems to have been the problem. I found the the 'album' title included the Disc number. I removed the disk number from the title and now everything plays in sequence.

I'm glad you got it sorted. I was intending to take you step by step in that same direction, but it it is a much better result that you worked it out for yourself.

In case it is relevant, you can divide up box sets by disc number, if you use a specific format; there are three to choose from, one of which is "The Best of Joe Bloggs (Disc 1)", or "The Best of Joe Bloggs (Disc 2)" etc. The album will be listed under "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" etc. headings, and you will be able to select each disc separately. Full details are here.

If you use this option, it advisable to ensure that the DISCNUMBER and TRACKNUMBER tags are correctly set, all the tracks of the album have to be in a disc set, and each disc set has to be continuous and contiguous (which is the way they come on the original CD, of course). But it is a useful option to have, particularly with larger multi-disc sets.

David