Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On-demand access to excluded files
28-03-2018, 10:51
On-demand access to excluded files
Hi Simon,

First of all, thank you for your work on this great software.

I wonder if there is a way to access to excluded files in Minimserver.
Here is an example of a typical use case I would like to configure:
I have a directory "ToListen" on my HDD, this directory contains music I don't know yet. I would like this directory content to be hide by default on my library but I would like to have a way to access it when needed.
I tried to exclude this directory in the Minimserver settings, that's working fine. But if I want to access it, I can't (even with the "Folder view" entry).
Is there a way to exclude this directory content from library view (by Album, by Artist...) but to include it on the "Folder view" ?

Regards,
Sébastien
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2018, 17:02
RE: On-demand access to excluded files
No, this isn't possible.
01-04-2018, 15:42
Hello Sébastien,

I usually browse by type of genre. For that I have added my own type tag and divided the albums in my library over about twenty different types. For example "evening". Those are the popular albums my wife also likes to hear. It is a bit of work to manually add the type to all the albums and keep doing so with new additions. In your case the never heard albums without type won't appear when you browse by type.

Greetings,
Jaap
03-04-2018, 16:34
(01-04-2018 15:42)jaaptina Wrote:  Hello Sébastien,

I usually browse by type of genre. For that I have added my own type tag and divided the albums in my library over about twenty different types. For example "evening". Those are the popular albums my wife also likes to hear. It is a bit of work to manually add the type to all the albums and keep doing so with new additions. In your case the never heard albums without type won't appear when you browse by type.

Greetings,
Jaap

I do something similar and add a tag to the tracks called collection when I first add a new album. For my needs I then subdivide the collection with the initials of whose 'music it is' as the entry in that field.

Then using the 'power' of minimserver I have added (within properties ) collection as an index tag and then collection appears in the menu tree and the music is then split across the different entries I have made into that field. e.g. if I had 30 albums and entered 10 with Martin, 10 with Elaine and left 10 blank in that field, I would see Martin, Elaine and unknown as the headers each with 10 albums in them. Having selected which collection I want I can then navigate via album artist etc within that collection only.

If I want to access all of the albums then I just start with album artist at the top and leave out the collection step. Easy peasy. Big Grin Many thanks to Simon for his help with that at the time.

So you could create a field in the ones you want to separate called something or other e.g. collection - and enter something suitable 'new or notheard' into those album's tracks. Enter that into that field on those albums only and leave the rest blank then you should get what I think you are after - a group of notheard and then the rest.

Apologies if my explanation isn't clear. I keep getting interrupted and it shows a little. Sad
04-04-2018, 15:19
(03-04-2018 16:34)Martin H Wrote:  Apologies if my explanation isn't clear. I keep getting interrupted and it shows a little. Sad

Thank you for this tip Martin, that's perfectly clear. Will try it.
04-04-2018, 15:46
(04-04-2018 15:19)sv_93 Wrote:  
(03-04-2018 16:34)Martin H Wrote:  Apologies if my explanation isn't clear. I keep getting interrupted and it shows a little. Sad

Thank you for this tip Martin, that's perfectly clear. Will try it.

Good luck, give me a shout if there is you need any further clarification because I was rambling a little Big Grin I think you should be able to make what you need of it.