Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indexing with ArtistSort
22-03-2018, 11:48
RE: Indexing with ArtistSort
Aha! The tagValue linkage is useful to know. I'll find some time to think this through and experiment. Thank you again for your assistance - it's a remarkable programme and when I've got the basics sorted out (or should I say Artist-sorted out!), I look forward to exploiting its further possibilities. But, as in so many matters, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2018, 17:47
Just to say that everthing is now resolved and displaying as I wish. Thank you again for the programme and the help.

If I may make one suggestion for the User Guide. I found, particularly after implementing 'mergeFolderAlbums:true', that the server was not reading all the changes (or not reading them correctly) after restarts and rescans. But things got dramatically better when I changed startupScan from 'true' to 'full'. It's an obvious thing to do if you know the option is there but I didn't remember it from chapter 1 of the User Guide. My suggestion would be to highlight the usefulness and availability of the 'full' option at other points in the Guide where structural or other major data adaptations may require a full scan for successful implementation.
10-04-2018, 21:11
Structural changes don't require a full scan. The only time this should be needed is when you have been using a tagging program that doesn't update the "last modified" timestamp of the file when making tag changes.

A full scan is much slower than a normal scan, so it is not recommended to have this as a permanent setting.
17-06-2018, 22:20
(21-03-2018 21:23)simoncn Wrote:  Warning: Ignoring conflicting custom value for ARTIST tag 'Richard Thompson' in file Richard Thompson/RT; The Life and Music of Richard Thompson, Disc 5 (Real Rarities)/02 - How Many Times Do You Have to Fall.flac
applied index/sort value is 'Thompson, Richard'; conflicting index/sort value is 'Thompson, Richard & Thompson, Linda'

This change is now available in MinimServer update 123.