Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naim app , no artist pictures ?
27-01-2018, 08:16
Naim app , no artist pictures ?
Minimserver installed on qnap :

With Naim app the album cover are ok , but the artist list is without pictures

As openhome (bubble Upnp ) with Lumin app the artists are shown correctly with all the pic

Where is the problem ?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2018, 08:41
RE: Naim app , no artist pictures ?
This is a control point issue, Minimserver does not provide artist images. The Lumin app is going to a source like Last.fm and getting the artist image for display. The Kazoo control point does this as well, but apparently the Naim app does not.
27-01-2018, 12:06
Understood.............
27-01-2018, 12:10
Not quite true. Its both server and control point. Lumin is different because it builds its own index.
Kazoo displays last.fm info once an artist container is opened, it doesn't itself show an artist picture in the artists list. I'm not sure what Lumin does when building its index, but if it's like Asset it would take a picture from an album for the artist and use that in the artists list. That may be what the OP is referring to.
27-01-2018, 13:14 (This post was last modified: 27-01-2018 13:16 by t@rmac.)
(27-01-2018 12:10)timster Wrote:  Not quite true. Its both server and control point. Lumin is different because it builds its own index.
Kazoo displays last.fm info once an artist container is opened, it doesn't itself show an artist picture in the artists list. I'm not sure what Lumin does when building its index, but if it's like Asset it would take a picture from an album for the artist and use that in the artists list. That may be what the OP is referring to.

yes....like Asset ....is not possible to take a picture of an album and use that for the artists list pic ?
27-01-2018, 14:22
If you use folder view and have artists in separate folders on the server, it’s very simple, just add your preferred photo of the artist in the artist’s folder and name the file “folder.jpg”
That’s what I do. Gives you the advantage of choosing your own picture for each artist.

Claus
27-01-2018, 16:35 (This post was last modified: 27-01-2018 16:36 by antonmb.)
(27-01-2018 12:10)timster Wrote:  Not quite true. Its both server and control point. Lumin is different because it builds its own index.

Yes, you’re right - Lumin also pulls an image from an album for the artist.
27-01-2018, 16:50
The problem with that is there's no chopice or control over what image is used.
I actually have a folder.jpg in the artist folder (usually the band/artists' logo/typeface/text taken from an album sleeve or an image search). It would be great if that could be used somehow.
29-01-2018, 22:27
(27-01-2018 16:50)timster Wrote:  The problem with that is there's no chopice or control over what image is used.
I actually have a folder.jpg in the artist folder (usually the band/artists' logo/typeface/text taken from an album sleeve or an image search). It would be great if that could be used somehow.
Agree, one should have the choice for which images and where to put them.
The Lumin app e.g. adds images for date, audio data and genre.
I'd rather see empty fields then images that have hardly any relationship with the subject.

Peter