Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about sorting, grouping and framecontentrenaming
21-11-2017, 13:50
question about sorting, grouping and framecontentrenaming
A couple of issues I don't get solved after having tried for a while.
1)
is it possible to declare that controlpoints get a differnt name for the word 'date'?
I got 2 date informations, date being used for recording dates, and releaseyear representing the date of the release of an album. I'm in need for both since once I want to get a list of albums as being recorded, the other times I want to know which was the latest release no matter it being a re-issue, remaster or re-press.

2)
at the moment various controlpoints do a fancy sorting of these 2 date fields. One does list the items latest till earlierst and the othe one simply the other way round. Any idea on how to revert the way things get listed?

3)
I'm still in need to use something similar to
@GENRE=Piano
&GENRE=Concerto
=GENRE=Piano concerto
but I don't want to define exact content but wildcards, so that I turn a tagframe containing <item1>; <item2>; <item3>; item4> .... into
<item1>, <item2>, <item3>, <item4> ...
In other words a tagvalue replacement not replacing one tag by another but to read the tag content and replace a given string by another.
Any idea?
All I could think of would be to use a small script reading the original tag and write back another one with the modified information, but this always bears the risk that both get out of sync sooner or later not to mention that this would be as redundant as having 'albumartist' + 'album artist' + 'band/orchestra' all tagged to server differnt programs all relying upon a specific entry.

Perhaps this tagupdate function could get expanded somehow to allow for wildcards?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2017, 14:19
RE: question about sorting, grouping and framecontentrenaming
You can add a ReleaseYear tag to your files and expose it for browsing by adding ReleaseYear to indexTags.

You can reverse the sort order of a tag by using the + and - prefixes in indexTags and sortTags. See this section and this section.

I don't have any plans to change tagUpdate to allow string matching within tag values.
21-11-2017, 17:33
(21-11-2017 14:19)simoncn Wrote:  You can add a ReleaseYear tag to your files and expose it for browsing by adding ReleaseYear to indexTags.

the releaseyear isn't the problem, there's a tag in the files named releaseyear. THe problem is that 'date' is a term like 'nice weather' which tells simply nothing.
Since it depends what ones wants to read from it. 'date' could be anything. recording date, release date, re-press date ...... whatsoever. THat's why I want to declare a more sensefull visible name, and of course without having to modify the files themselves. Something MinimServer is quite good in, to read things as the scan stage and turn it into something differnt in the end.
But I got stuck somehow.
I tried telling minim in tagValue that recordingsyear.replace={date}
but that didn't work since recordingyear was unknown.
I then tried to define that as an alias
aliasTags recordingyear:date
didn't work either
hmm.

Quote:You can reverse the sort order of a tag by using the + and - prefixes in indexTags and sortTags. See this section and this section.

doesn't make any difference if there's 'date' or '-date' in indexTags
No moans about a wrong configuration but also no effect at all not after rescan or after a restart of MinimServer.
And sorttags is a real pain to understand what minimserver wants me to declare.
date.sorttags={-date} didn't work, but what else? It's the date I want to revert not something else.
21-11-2017, 18:41
I don't understand what you want to do with ReleaseYear or RecordingsYear. Do you want one of these to display instead of Date in the browsing menu? or something else?

The default for the Date sort order is '-' (newest date first), so setting -Date in indexTags is the same as setting Date. If you want to reverse this, you need +Date (oldest date first).
21-11-2017, 20:21
(21-11-2017 18:41)simoncn Wrote:  I don't understand what you want to do with ReleaseYear or RecordingsYear. Do you want one of these to display instead of Date in the browsing menu? or something else?

The default for the Date sort order is '-' (newest date first), so setting -Date in indexTags is the same as setting Date. If you want to reverse this, you need +Date (oldest date first).

I need 2 dates, one one hand I want to see the albums in the order they were recorded. The other times I want to see them by their releasedates to see which was the latest release.

works now with + assigned. I always think positive and since so I assumed that - will revert things. thanks for pointing out. I now also realise why Date and -Date didn't lead to a config error nor a chance in output, since being the very same.
21-11-2017, 20:36
You can't switch between different sort orders (ReleaseYear vs RecordingsYear) in the control point. To do this, you would need to update the MinimServer configuration and do a Restart. If this is of interest, I can post instructions.
22-11-2017, 17:54
(21-11-2017 20:36)simoncn Wrote:  You can't switch between different sort orders (ReleaseYear vs RecordingsYear) in the control point. To do this, you would need to update the MinimServer configuration and do a Restart. If this is of interest, I can post instructions.

Sounds interesting. What I would like to archive is that I could get 2 differnt 'album' entries so that I could define
album1.sorttags={albumartist, date, album}
album2.sorttags={albumartist, releasedate, album}

Wonder if that's possible if I would define in aliasTags
album1:album, album2:album
when I got it right this would give me 2 album1 and album2 both being fed by album?
which I can then sort each individually?
22-11-2017, 18:11
This is an interesting idea but it doesn't work because you can't use sortTags with arbitrary tag names (only album, folder and items).
22-11-2017, 20:04
(22-11-2017 18:11)simoncn Wrote:  This is an interesting idea but it doesn't work because you can't use sortTags with arbitrary tag names (only album, folder and items).
When talking about intersting ideas ... got another one.

Assume I need alphaGrouping because of too many items of any kind.
And if so then assume that I use it on artists or albumartists where the ones starting with 'A' are in the range of 2000 while the ones starting with 'Q' are 2 handsfull if ever.
Result is that 'Q' gives an easy scrollable list to locate the wanted item, whereas if trying to locate one starting with 'A' is a task as if no alphagrouping was implemented.

I do miss the ability do define the number of digits for alphagrouping.
I would likely define albumartist=10:2 no grouping below 10 items but with a resulting list in the form Aa, Ab, Ac, .... instead of A, B, C, D, ....
Perhaps the 2-digit ones within the 1-digit one eg.
A\ <== more but 10 thus sub-alphagrouped
A\Aa\ <== less but 10
A\Ab\ <== less but 10
[ ... ]
B\ <== less but 10
[ ... ]
C\ <== more but 10 thus sub-alphagrouped
C\Ca\ <== less but 10
C\Cb\ <== less but 10
[ ... ]
or somehow similar