Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synology NASDS218+ and a Naim Atom
09-11-2017, 01:01
Synology NASDS218+ and a Naim Atom
I have been told the MinimServer is superior to using the Synology interface built into the Naim Atom.

I have never used a NAS before, so excuse my ingnorance. I see a file for MinimServer in the Synology Assistant along with files for Data, Music, Photos, etc. Does the Music file need to be moved into the Minim File?

Thanks,
Al
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2017, 08:13
RE: Synology NASDS218+ and a Naim Atom
The MinimServer shared folder contains files that are needed for use by MinimServer. This is separate from your Music folder. You can find instructions for how to get started with MinimServer here.
18-11-2017, 19:09
(09-11-2017 08:13)simoncn Wrote:  The MinimServer shared folder contains files that are needed for use by MinimServer. This is separate from your Music folder. You can find instructions for how to get started with MinimServer here.

Hello Simon,

I can't locate the MinimServer Status page so I can paste into the Content directory field. Spent at least an hour looking everywhere and used both Firefox and Chrome without any luck.

Thank you,
Al
18-11-2017, 20:51
If you type MinimServer Status page into Google, the first result takes you to this section.
20-11-2017, 18:36
HI Al,

if you have a Synology NAS you find the minimserver status page as a minimserver icon in the apps menu of the web GUI of the NAS. The apps menu is the icon in the left upper corner.

Or did you already find it but something else does not work? If so, how does your problem exactly look like?

Greetings
Gert