Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Feature Request - Random Track Selection
08-02-2018, 21:54
RE: Feature Request - Random Track Selection
Amazing request, I can’t hardly wait for this MinimServer feature!
Find all posts by this user
28-05-2018, 11:14
(30-01-2018 17:47)simoncn Wrote:  I have been following the recent discussion on the Linn forum. This has helped me to understand how such a feature would need to be designed in order to do what users would like.

It is not on a "long term maybe never" list but I cannot commit to a timescale. It is one of the high-priority things I would like to do and this is all I can say at the moment.

Simon, any update on this feature?
31-05-2018, 08:24
(28-05-2018 11:14)Martin H Wrote:  
(30-01-2018 17:47)simoncn Wrote:  I have been following the recent discussion on the Linn forum. This has helped me to understand how such a feature would need to be designed in order to do what users would like.

It is not on a "long term maybe never" list but I cannot commit to a timescale. It is one of the high-priority things I would like to do and this is all I can say at the moment.

Simon, any update on this feature?

Simon?
31-05-2018, 11:26
Still the same. If anything changes, I will post news here.
01-06-2018, 11:48
(31-05-2018 11:26)simoncn Wrote:  Still the same. If anything changes, I will post news here.

OK - I appreciate you are busy with other things and this isn't yet a priority.

This isn't a flounce by any stretch because I am a huge fan as you will aleady know, but I am at the point now where toggling back and forwards between this and Asset just to get the random feature is just a pain. It confuses the less frequent users here and so I will need to make the break but I will keep monitoring the page for updates. Thanks.
01-06-2018, 14:04
I understand your situation and I will let you know when there is something available for you to try.
08-09-2018, 18:18
(01-06-2018 14:04)simoncn Wrote:  I understand your situation and I will let you know when there is something available for you to try.

Hi Simon, just to add my +1 for this feature. Love MinimServer and appreciate all your work on it.

As has been previously mentioned the BubbleUPnP Android app does have some support for random tracks which I use. It is rather limited (across whole library), I think you previously mentioned that you'd think about the Random Track feature being more configurable - across Artists, Genre's (even file format perhaps?). This would definitely give it an edge over the BubbleUPnP implementation and would be great addition to MinimServer.

Just my 2c, thanks again and keep up the good work.
P
18-10-2018, 12:24
Just flagging my continued interest in this feature. Ever hopeful. Thx
02-02-2021, 21:00
+1 from me too, great feature that I use regulary with BubbleuPNP

Thanks for all your great work Simon.
25-01-2022, 14:53