Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ffmpeg + sox transcoding and gapless playback
26-10-2016, 17:47
RE: ffmpeg + sox transcoding and gapless playback
(26-10-2016 17:21)simoncn Wrote:  I have tried these WAV files on three other renderers and there is no interruption in sound. Because of this, I am convinced that this is a renderer issue.

I know Volumio uses MPD as its renderer software. Perhaps your other renderer uses MPD as well and the problem is in MPD.

For what it's worth, the other renderer (Bryston BDP-1) uses GMediaRender-Ressurect for DLNA playback and presents the same symptoms.

Maybe I need a new renderer. I was looking at the Sonore microRendu, but that device also uses MPD for DLNA playback.

Can you share with me what three other renderers you are testing with? Maybe I just need one of those.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this and validating that I am not crazy and just hearing things :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2016, 19:09
RE: ffmpeg + sox transcoding and gapless playback
(26-10-2016 17:47)krutsch Wrote:  For what it's worth, the other renderer (Bryston BDP-1) uses GMediaRender-Ressurect for DLNA playback and presents the same symptoms.

Maybe I need a new renderer. I was looking at the Sonore microRendu, but that device also uses MPD for DLNA playback.

Can you share with me what three other renderers you are testing with? Maybe I just need one of those.

Linn DS, Melco N1 USB-DAC and dCS Rossini.

Quote:Thanks for taking the time to look into this and validating that I am not crazy and just hearing things :-)

No problem and I hope you find a suitable solution.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply