Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Melco Audiophile NAS
27-06-2017, 20:44
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
I was away from my setup, I will report later this week.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2017, 19:33
I'm sure this has been answered here, but if someone can direct me to the post that would be fantastic!

I have a new Melco N1A v2. I need assistance with connecting to the home network. Where my wireless router is located is not close to where the Melco will be so I can't "hardwire" it into my network. So.....I'm not sure what can be done to solve this? Streaming would be nice, but not essential, the HD's are now nicely loaded with music, so I'm ok with using them only. I do have a 2nd wireless router that could be used if possible? If it is, can someone give instructions on how to connect the 2nd router to my wireless network. I really just want this so I can have a "remote" and use Linn Kazoo.

TIA
11-07-2017, 21:03
You would need to configure the second router as a bridge (sometimes called media bridge). Not all routers can do this and the setup is not very simple. I am doing this using an ASUS RT-N66U which is working well.
12-07-2017, 15:01
Hi Simon.
You could run some shell from the Melco Share directory, to stop Twonky without having to stoptwonky = true, and have to turn it off and then turn on the Melco
12-07-2017, 18:01 (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 20:54 by simoncn.)
How would the user initiate running the shell script?

Also, it is during the MinimServer startup phase (after power on) that it is most important to have Twonky stopped. If Twonky is running at this time, it can cause severe performance issues for MinimServer if the library is large.
30-07-2017, 17:29
I just updated the Melco firmware to 3.5, updated MinimServer, and installed Song Kong, and turned off Twonky. I don't have a large library only 5%. Is it possible that it sounds even better?
06-08-2017, 08:00 (This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 18:37 by amiglick.)
(30-07-2017 17:29)2b-user Wrote:  "... and installed Song Kong, and turned off Twonky. I don't have a large library only 5%. Is it possible that it sounds even better?
Thank you for the "Song Kong" tip, I wasn't familiar with Jthink.
I installed it yesterday and solved some annoying "WAV" files tagging issues in MinimServer.
Very helpful application to manage the files within "Melco" and MinimServer" combination.
And, as a "BONUS"(!) it all sounds great, big appreciation to Simon and Paul.
08-09-2017, 15:24
WAV files
Most of the downloaded WAV files from QOBUZ are not seen/recognized in BUBBLE Upnp MinimServer Share folders.

Similar FLAC files from the same download site, are fully "recognized" by Bubble.

Anybody knows this problem ?
08-09-2017, 16:22
(08-09-2017 15:24)amiglick Wrote:  Most of the downloaded WAV files from QOBUZ are not seen/recognized in BUBBLE Upnp MinimServer Share folders.

Similar FLAC files from the same download site, are fully "recognized" by Bubble.

Just a guess, but are the wav files populated with metadata?
If not, they are 'invisible' to most media servers.
08-09-2017, 16:35
(08-09-2017 16:22)Alandbush Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 15:24)amiglick Wrote:  Most of the downloaded WAV files from QOBUZ are not seen/recognized in BUBBLE Upnp MinimServer Share folders.

Just a guess, but are the wav files populated with metadata?
If not, they are 'invisible' to most media servers.

I found some interesting information about the subject at the following Link:
http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/metada...v-metadata