Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Melco Audiophile NAS
08-08-2016, 22:18
RE: Melco Audiophile NAS
(08-08-2016 22:08)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer is installed in a system area that is not part of the user-accessible HDD partition. Reformatting the user-accessible HDD partition will not cause MinimServer to become uninstalled.

Right. just to be sure I have understood.

if I just format the drives and then rather than use the 'restore' command if I simply copy the data across from my other drives then Minimserver should still be there. Sounds good and if you can just confirm that's right I will do that tomorrow.

I appreciate your patience and clarity,

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 06:59
I confirm.
10-08-2016, 00:43
(09-08-2016 06:59)simoncn Wrote:  I confirm.

Simon,

Many thanks. So far so good and now I am copying everything back across from a server (duplicate copy). Minimserver as you said is up and running Big Grin Leaving the copy running over night as it is going to take ages ...... zzzzz

Thanks for your patience and support.
10-08-2016, 17:01
Glad I was on vacation for a few weeks. Back now and updated from 3.00 to 3.11

Simples Big Grin

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
10-08-2016, 18:22
(10-08-2016 17:01)Peter@57m Wrote:  Glad I was on vacation for a few weeks. Back now and updated from 3.00 to 3.11

Simples Big Grin

Dagnabbit .......

Halfway through copying the albums. I really had forgotten quite how long it takes. Been doing it for more than a day now and just on the M's. Sad

After advice I am using Teracopy. I have always used Windows own copy routines before but I was told this was reliable, quicker and handles failures etc. Seems to be OK so far but will check things separately at the end.
10-08-2016, 21:23
(10-08-2016 18:22)Martin H Wrote:  Dagnabbit .......

Halfway through copying the albums. I really had forgotten quite how long it takes. Been doing it for more than a day now and just on the M's. Sad

I use SyncToy from a freeby from Microsoft to copy from my QNAP master copy of the music to my Melco N1.

Allows you to copy (echo) from one drive to another or bi-directional copy etc. So I Echo the QNAP Music folder to the Melco. As you add new music or change tags, you can just run the job and it will copy over only the files that have changed.

It does take a long time for the initial copy and I find at times it swamps my network and causes slow discovery of servers and players by control points while its going on. I have in the past, stopped the job to do something else and you simply run it again to copy the files still to be done. So doesn't make the copy any faster but does make it perhaps more manageable.
12-08-2016, 09:28
Simon - just a quick line to say that copy completed yesterday evening and all looks good with Minimserver. Again thanks for your support which I appreciate often extends beyond what can be expected to ensure that we get Minimserver up and running. Smile
12-08-2016, 18:27 (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 18:32 by Rufus McDufus.)
Ha! I should have read this thread earlier I had v3.10 installed. When browsing the SMB/CIFS share from the Melco on my PC I noticed some folders were empty. Minimserver/Twonky appeared to be seeing the data though. The Melco then crashed a few times and ultimately I had to reinitialize and restore the data back into the Melco. I though I had a faulty unit but clearly it was the firmware after all. Nasty problem.
Oh, I was also under the impression a recent firmware introduced notification on the front panel of new firmware availability (?) but I didn't see this with 3.10.
15-08-2016, 09:11
Hi Simon,
I am a new N1A user, highly appreciate if you can pm me the installation guide for N1A.
Thanks

Cheers,
KienDo
23-08-2016, 08:12
(15-08-2016 09:11)KienDo Wrote:  Hi Simon,
I am a new N1A user, highly appreciate if you can pm me the installation guide for N1A.
Thanks

Cheers,
KienDo

Hi Simon,
Many thanks for the PM.
May I ask you stupid questions? Will this Minimserver replace the Twonky server that already in N1? Any SQ improvement between Minimserver & Twonky ?
Regards,
KienDo