Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can browse, cannot play
09-10-2012, 20:52
Can browse, cannot play
Hello!

I have MinimServer installed on Qnap ts-219PII. I'm trying to make it work with yamaha rx-v771 amplituner. The server is running and I can browse all of my music files but when I try to play something yamaha says: Unable to play and this line apears in MinimServer log:
MinimServer: 0$folders$1$1$1$2 isn't a valid container

Can you help me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 02:04
RE: Can browse, cannot play
You need to make sure your "renderer", the Yamaha receiver, can play those audio file.

For a test, please run Kinsky Desktop on a PC. Select your Yamaha as a "room". Then drag those audio file in Kinsky and see if it plays. This setup does not involve any "server" issue.
10-10-2012, 08:57
Smile
I have this ampli for over a year and I'm sure it can play these files. I used it with dlna server on my Draytek router.
10-10-2012, 09:46
because some UPnP/DLNA server will (auto) transcode audio file to some device. And minimServer (and the Kinsky Desktop) has zero transcoding function, so sometimes you just not sure! Smile
10-10-2012, 14:28
The same files I can play directly via usb... No problem.
I'm sure that is not an issue.
02-01-2013, 17:59
Same problem.
With:
- ONKYO TX-NR808. I can browse but get the message "Cannot Play";
- OPPO 93EU cannot find the server;
-Using Android Bubble UPnP "Resource not found (code 716)";
-Using Android iMediaShare Lite finds the server but: "Unknown error has occurred"

MinimServer works alright with Bubble UPnP on my Android Devices;

I can Browse and Play with no problems using Twonky 6.39 and QNAP NAS TS-112
03-01-2013, 09:34
Yep, "me too." Sad

I've tried it with MP3 and MP4 audio files and my Onkyo TX-NR5008 just says that it can't play the media. I haven't had a chance to check the log or anything ( I ran Minimserver on a QNap NAS and Minimwatch wasn't playing ball on Windows ) but let me know whether it would be useful. I can produce a pcap file from tcpdump if you like.

I know that the server is running because a Samsung TV can play files ( though it annoyingly lists them in alphabetical order - why would anyone want songs of an album in alphabetical order? Huh )
04-01-2013, 12:03
(03-01-2013 09:34)sidepipe Wrote:  Yep, "me too." Sad

I've tried it with MP3 and MP4 audio files and my Onkyo TX-NR5008 just says that it can't play the media. I haven't had a chance to check the log or anything ( I ran Minimserver on a QNap NAS and Minimwatch wasn't playing ball on Windows ) but let me know whether it would be useful. I can produce a pcap file from tcpdump if you like.

It would be useful if you could produce a pcap file of the data that was received by the Onkyo just before the error occurred. Thanks!

The problem with MinimWatch and Windows is likely to be a firewall issue.

Quote:I know that the server is running because a Samsung TV can play files ( though it annoyingly lists them in alphabetical order - why would anyone want songs of an album in alphabetical order? Huh )

Does this mean you're able to play music from MinimServer using a Samsung TV? Someone else was having problems trying to do that. Could you produce a pcap file that shows the data that's received by the Samsung TV at the time that a track starts to play?
04-01-2013, 12:09
(02-01-2013 17:59)mcn46 Wrote:  Same problem.
With:
-Using Android iMediaShare Lite finds the server but: "Unknown error has occurred"

I can Browse and Play with no problems using Twonky 6.39 and QNAP NAS TS-112

I'm sorry, but it's not quite clear to me from the above exactly which MinimServer combinations are working and which are failing. Can you give exact details of the complete setup for this working combination:

and the complete setups for these failing combinations:

Many thanks!
04-01-2013, 12:15
(09-10-2012 20:52)jaszczur Wrote:  Hello!

I have MinimServer installed on Qnap ts-219PII. I'm trying to make it work with yamaha rx-v771 amplituner. The server is running and I can browse all of my music files but when I try to play something yamaha says: Unable to play and this line apears in MinimServer log:
MinimServer: 0$folders$1$1$1$2 isn't a valid container

Can you help me?

I've only just seen this. My apologies for the delay in responding.

This looks like the same problem that has been discussed in this thread. I know what's causing this, and it should be fixed in the next release of MinimServer.