Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimStreamer Installation
16-02-2015, 13:21
RE: MinimStreamer Installation
Oh dear, I rather feared this outcome. I have set a ticket to Cambridge Audio but with no great hopes of a resolution.

I'm glad I kept hold of my FM tuner and MinimServer works splendidly for streaming my flac files from my NAS.

Very many thanks for your efforts they are greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2015, 08:20
I have installed minimserver 0.8.3 update 58 on my Synology DS209 NAS and minimwatch 0.8.3 update 30 on a Windows 7 PC. It all appears to be working well (Green minimwatch icon on the PC, the server on the diskstation is running), but when I try to install minimstreamer by clicking on the "packages" tab in minimwatch I get an error "Error from MinimServer[Diskstation]: see MinimWatch log for details" and no window appears. In the log I have "Error 2 [Connection timed out] invoking GetProperty on remote runtime monitor"

I am sure I am just missing something silly, but any help would be very much appreciated.
21-02-2015, 15:02
(21-02-2015 08:20)bigsnail Wrote:  I have installed minimserver 0.8.3 update 58 on my Synology DS209 NAS and minimwatch 0.8.3 update 30 on a Windows 7 PC. It all appears to be working well (Green minimwatch icon on the PC, the server on the diskstation is running), but when I try to install minimstreamer by clicking on the "packages" tab in minimwatch I get an error "Error from MinimServer[Diskstation]: see MinimWatch log for details" and no window appears. In the log I have "Error 2 [Connection timed out] invoking GetProperty on remote runtime monitor"

I am sure I am just missing something silly, but any help would be very much appreciated.

Does the Properties window display correctly and show the correct list of property values in the Server tab? Do other MinimWatch selections such as About and 'Show log' work correctly?
21-02-2015, 20:01
Hi,

I am having a problem installing MinimStreamer. I am using a Synology x86 NAS and I have MinimWatch on a Win 7 system.I cannot see MinimStreamer available for install, if I put it in the install box, there is an error.

regards
Bob
21-02-2015, 21:02
(21-02-2015 20:01)bobxsherman Wrote:  Hi,

I am having a problem installing MinimStreamer. I am using a Synology x86 NAS and I have MinimWatch on a Win 7 system.I cannot see MinimStreamer available for install, if I put it in the install box, there is an error.

regards
Bob

Which version of MinimServer are you running? You can find this information by selecting About from the MinimWatch minim icon.

Is your Windows 7 machine connected to the internet?
21-02-2015, 23:23
(21-02-2015 21:02)simoncn Wrote:  

regards
Bob

Which version of MinimServer are you running? You can find this information by selecting About from the MinimWatch minim icon.

Hi,

I actually got it going. I realized I had to to a manual update to the latest MinimServer version, then I was able to see and install it. All is well, and working. Thanks for the great application! I will be hitting the donation button. Smile
22-02-2015, 09:15
(21-02-2015 15:02)simoncn Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 08:20)bigsnail Wrote:  I have installed minimserver 0.8.3 update 58 on my Synology DS209 NAS and minimwatch 0.8.3 update 30 on a Windows 7 PC. It all appears to be working well (Green minimwatch icon on the PC, the server on the diskstation is running), but when I try to install minimstreamer by clicking on the "packages" tab in minimwatch I get an error "Error from MinimServer[Diskstation]: see MinimWatch log for details" and no window appears. In the log I have "Error 2 [Connection timed out] invoking GetProperty on remote runtime monitor"

Does the Properties window display correctly and show the correct list of property values in the Server tab? Do other MinimWatch selections such as About and 'Show log' work correctly?
Thanks for the reply. Properties (watch), showlog(watch) and About(watch) under options all work correctly. The others do not.
22-02-2015, 09:17
(21-02-2015 23:23)bobxsherman Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 21:02)simoncn Wrote:  

regards
Bob

Hi,

I actually got it going. I realized I had to to a manual update to the latest MinimServer version, then I was able to see and install it. All is well, and working. Thanks for the great application! I will be hitting the donation button. Smile

Could you post saying how you did this? It is exactly the same problem I have, but could not get the manual install of minimstreamer working?

Would be very much appreciated
22-02-2015, 10:30
(22-02-2015 09:15)bigsnail Wrote:  Thanks for the reply. Properties (watch), showlog(watch) and About(watch) under options all work correctly. The others do not.

If the minim icon is green and the other options are enabled in the pop-up menu but don't work when you click on them, this is likely to be caused by a firewall on either your Windows machine or the Synology NAS blocking the communication between MinimServer and MinimWatch.

As a test, try completely disabling any firewalls you have on both machines to see if this makes a difference.
22-02-2015, 18:13
(22-02-2015 10:30)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 09:15)bigsnail Wrote:  Thanks for the reply. Properties (watch), showlog(watch) and About(watch) under options all work correctly. The others do not.

If the minim icon is green and the other options are enabled in the pop-up menu but don't work when you click on them, this is likely to be caused by a firewall on either your Windows machine or the Synology NAS blocking the communication between MinimServer and MinimWatch.

As a test, try completely disabling any firewalls you have on both machines to see if this makes a difference.

Thanks for the reply - the problem was the Firewall on the router was blocking access. It all works now and very happy indeed. Will be making a donation.