MinimServer Forum
Playlists disappeared after latest update? - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Playlists disappeared after latest update? (/showthread.php?tid=7220)

Pages: 1 2

Playlists disappeared after latest update? - captainkev - 17-04-2024 11:13

Hi!

I'm running MinimServer in Docker, with a valid MinimStreamer license. I use Yamaha Musiccast devices as my playback devices. Prior to the Minimserver update on the 14th, when I selected Minimserver as the source on the Yamaha devices I would see a list of things like "Songs", "Albums", "Artists" etc - and one of those options was "Playlists", which I could select to choose one of the radio stations I restream/transcode via Minimstreamer. Since the update on the 14th, I no longer see "Playlists" as an item on the list. Also, none of the minimstreamer-transcoded stations I've added to my favourites seem to work any more.

When I go in to the Folder View option, the folder with the playlists isn't even displayed in there. I've checked on the server itself and the folder is still there in the file system.

Is this a known issue?

Kevin

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - simoncn - 17-04-2024 20:26

The update released on the 14th (update 250) didn't have any changes that could cause the issues you have described. Also, no-one else has reported any issues like this.

Is it possible that MinimStreamer has been uninstalled or deactivated somehow? If you open the MinimServer configuration web interface and select the MinimStreamer tab, what do you see?

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - captainkev - 18-04-2024 09:38

Minimstreamer was installed and active, as was the license. It occured to me that the docker container was defaulting to GMT and the underlying Linux host was on UTC so I wondered if there might be some sort of conflict so I set the docker container to UTC - as I did this in portainer I had to "duplicate" the container. But it turns out it doesn't really duplicate it as I then had to reinstall Minimstreamer and ffpeg into the container. Once that was overcome, Minimserver and Mininstreamer are up and running again but still no playlists and still no favourites working, same as before.

I've noticed that Minimserver seems to only be finding about 10-25% of the music in the library before it stops scanning. I have 62103 audio files in my library, but Minim stops scanning after ~8200 or ~24000. I've tried a rescan multiple times and it stops at either of these two points. Unsure if this is the root cause of seeing no Playlist option or a parallel issue. I've got the debug-level logs saved (I can't see anything obvious in them).

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - simoncn - 18-04-2024 09:54

If MinimServer is for some reason not scanning your whole library, something is wrong and this might explain the other problems you are having. I would like to see your saved debug logs so that I can try to undertand the cause of the problem. Please compress these logs using gzip and upload them to my FTP server. I have sent you a PM with the FTP server details.

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - captainkev - 18-04-2024 10:44

Thanks Simon - 4x debugs now uploaded in Zip file.

What seems to be happening is that every time I start the rescan, Minimserver starts flying through the scan, but seems to come online before the scan is complete, and as soon as something on the network then says hello to minimserver, minimserver says hello back and the scan stops. As easily distracted as I am at work :-)

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - simoncn - 18-04-2024 12:32

Thanks for these files. I don't see anything in them indicating that something on the network interrupted the scan. What I do see is the scan ending (apparently normally) with a different album each time it happens. Is some other activity writing to the music library at the same time that the MinimServer scan is reading it?

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - captainkev - 18-04-2024 13:24

Not that I'm aware of. Anything that could have been writing to the library has been shut down.

I've tried scanning the library separately with MusicBee and MediaMonkey and they are both able to scan the full library without an issue. I don't recall coming across this issue previously, and I've had Minimserver running on Docker for over a year now.

Is there any means of determining what triggered Minimserver to determine that there were no more files to examine?

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - simoncn - 18-04-2024 14:59

MinimServer does a recursive scan of all files and directories under the directory or directories in the contentDir property. This code has been unchanged for many years. The scan could end prematurely if an error is found (for example, unreadable files or directories) but this would be shown in the log file.

The next step is for me to look at a complete debug log from a MinimServer scan. The logs you have uploaded are partial logs showing the end of the scan only. This is because they were produced by saving the contents of the MinimWatch log window, which is limited to holding the last 500 KB of data. To produce a complete debug log, do the following:

1) Check the startupScan property to make sure it is set to true
2) Check the logging level to make sure it is set to Debug
3) Stop the MinimServer container
4) Restart the MinimServer container
5) After the scan has completed, make a copy of the minimserver.log file in the container's minimserver/data directory
6) Compress this file (it will be very large) and upload it to my FTP server

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - captainkev - 18-04-2024 18:29

Took me a while to find where the container data folder is mapped in the host but I found it in the end. Now zipped and uploaded. Nothing obvious sticking out to me...

RE: Playlists disappeared after latest update? - simoncn - 18-04-2024 20:28

Thanks for this log file. I have looked at it carefully. There are two scans in this log, the first ending after the folder /Music/Desperate Journalist. The second scan continues past this folder to /Music/The Weather Station and eventually stops at /Music/Three Queens in Mourning.

In the absence of any error messages, the only explanation for this that I can think of is that something else is accessing the contents of the /Music directory. What is the host directory that is mapped into the /Music container path? What device are you using as the container host? Is the master copy of the music folder local to this device or on some other device on the network?

I am asking this because there could be some background task running on this device (indexing, backup, creating thumbnails, caching, optimizing network access, etc.) with access to this master music folder. Any change to the master music folder could cause the scan to stop prematurely.

I cannot exclude the possibility that MinimServer itself might be modifying this master music folder while the scan is running. Have you used this folder for any other purpose that could cause MinimServer to write to it during the scan?

Please provide as much detail as possible about your setup as mentioned above. The more information I have, the more chance there is of my being able to come up with a possible explanation.