MinimServer Forum
What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui (/showthread.php?tid=5809)

Pages: 1 2

What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - janamdo - 02-09-2020 20:42

Do have albums made out of flacs
Always i do like to see the songnames
In the controlpoint from audionet pc there is a album picture shown with the album name
That's all

I wonder if it is possible to show the songnames in the controlpoint ?

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - Alandbush - 02-09-2020 22:28

(02-09-2020 20:42)janamdo Wrote:  Do have albums made out of flacs
In the controlpoint from audionet pc there is a album picture shown with the album name
That's all

I am not seeing the problem I have interpreted from your description.
Selecting a flac album, from the album list, displays a list of song titles, as you would expect.

Can you provide a screen print highlighting the problem. It would help greatly.

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - Peter StreamMagic - 03-09-2020 10:50

(02-09-2020 22:28)Alandbush Wrote:  
(02-09-2020 20:42)janamdo Wrote:  Do have albums made out of flacs
That's all

I am not seeing the problem I have interpreted from your description.
Selecting a flac album, from the album list, displays a list of song titles, as you would expect.

Can you provide a screen print highlighting the problem. It would help greatly.

I think the OP is missing the list of song titles[attachment=1978]

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - janamdo - 03-09-2020 11:35

Thanks!
Indeed its missing the songnames in my playlist , like your enclosed example
Yes, enclosed a picture in Audionet , where the Rolling Stones flac shows the songnames and Jon and Vangelis only the Album name.

I like to have also the songnames for every album
How could i add the songnames ?

Plus also not recognized as Album Artist in the list : Jon and Vangelis

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VjXeFiV_pfbplNdCnvprentEZ4ZMzX45/view?usp=sharing

Note: i do see you are using also a NAS ? ..is this a better idea then using my computer for music

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - Peter StreamMagic - 03-09-2020 11:45

(03-09-2020 11:35)janamdo Wrote:  Thanks!
Yes, enclosed a picture in control point , where the Rolling Stones flac shows the songnames and Jon and Vangelis only the Album name.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VjXeFiV_pfbplNdCnvprentEZ4ZMzX45/view?usp=sharing

According the duration of Jon and Vangelis (+/-51min)you can conclude this album is not divided in separate tracks and therefore is played as one track.
Did you rip this album from CD?

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - janamdo - 03-09-2020 11:54

(03-09-2020 11:45)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  According the duration of Jon and Vangelis (+/-55min)you can conclude this album is not divided in separate tracks and therefore is played as one track.
Did you rip this album from CD?
I got this from internet
Has not thinked about ripping some of my CD's

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - Peter StreamMagic - 03-09-2020 12:07

(03-09-2020 11:35)janamdo Wrote:  Thanks!
Yes, enclosed a picture in Audionet , where the Rolling Stones flac shows the songnames and Jon and Vangelis only the Album name.

Plus also not recognized as Album Artist in the list : Jon and Vangelis

Note: i do see you are using also a NAS ? ..is this a better idea then using my computer for music
There are some advantages in using a NAS.
You want to control your renderer with your PC and therefore your PC has to be switched on (one of the advantages of using a NAS can be less energy consumption).
Looking at your posts you have problems with internet connection , tagging and general use of a digital based music system, buying a NAS wont solve these problems it will add one more.

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - janamdo - 03-09-2020 14:06

Thanks
I think its better then by still using the Computer for music that i could upgrade to the current more powerpul AMD CPU with less energy consumption then investing in a NAS configuration
I install a new motherboard then.

Internet connection error we could not solve it here on the forum easily, unfortunaly.

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - janamdo - 03-09-2020 16:12

I think it is maybe possible to a songnumbers to a flac without them.
Used a program tagscanner, but where on the timeline add the metadata?
No field in the Tagscanner for adding songnumbernames

I must use another program,which one?
a autocue splitter: foobar , etc
https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/flac-cue-splitter.html
There is a cue file included for Jon and Vangelis
I hope i can get it working with foobar

RE: What can i do with a flac file in controlpoint Gui - Peter StreamMagic - 03-09-2020 17:05

(03-09-2020 16:12)janamdo Wrote:  I think it is maybe possible to a songnumbers to a flac without them.
Used a program tagscanner, but where on the timeline add the metadata?
No field in the Tagscanner for adding songnumbernames

I must use another program..which one?

Perhaps you can save yourself a lot of time and effort by downloading a new copy at e.g. Qobuz? [attachment=1979]