MinimServer Forum
Control point (iOS) with shuffle by group - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Music Tagging (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Control point (iOS) with shuffle by group (/showthread.php?tid=4451)

Control point (iOS) with shuffle by group - clAudio - 24-03-2018 20:53

Does any iOS control point support shuffle by group with a Linn DS (when the tracks have group tags, of course), for example Kinsky or Kazoo.

Using shuffle by group would be my main reason to add group tags to my collection.
However, if shuffle by group doesn't work, I'm not sure whether I will go to the effort of adding group tags.

RE: Control point (iOS) with shuffle by group - timster - 25-03-2018 08:40

(24-03-2018 20:53)clAudio Wrote:  Does any iOS control point support shuffle by group with a Linn DS (when the tracks have group tags, of course), for example Kinsky or Kazoo.

Using shuffle by group would be my main reason to add group tags to my collection.
However, if shuffle by group doesn't work, I'm not sure whether I will go to the effort of adding group tags.

What do you mean by "shuffle by group"?
I can imagine Asset's dynamic browsing and random tracks could do what you want without the need for the group tags. Unless I misunderstand what you mean.

RE: Control point (iOS) with shuffle by group - paultaylor - 25-03-2018 21:44

(25-03-2018 08:40)timster Wrote:  What do you mean by "shuffle by group"?
I would guess he means shuffle groups, i.e play random groups, but when you do that play all the songs within the group in order, i.e to ensure you play a complete work, not just a movement from a work.

Seems a worthy idea, but I dont know if any Control point can actually do that.

RE: Control point (iOS) with shuffle by group - timster - 26-03-2018 05:49

(25-03-2018 21:44)paultaylor Wrote:  
I would guess he means shuffle groups, i.e play random groups, but when you do that play all the songs within the group in order, i.e to ensure you play a complete work, not just a movement from a work.

Seems a worthy idea, but I dont know if any Control point can actually do that.

OK. Probably more likely to be possible with a server. It could be done by Asset for most standard tags, but it doesn't index the group tag afaik.

RE: Control point (iOS) with shuffle by group - clAudio - 25-04-2018 18:08

I can imagine Asset's dynamic browsing and random tracks could do what you want without the need for the group tags. Unless I misunderstand what you mean.
Thank you for your quick reply! I discovered it only today because the notification mail went to the spam folder.

As paultaylor put it, I mean to play complete works, not just a movement from a work.
Entire works played in random order, with the movements in unchanged order is the goal.