MinimServer Forum
Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package) - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Auto Rescan package for Synology users (formerly known as Auto Restart package) (/showthread.php?tid=426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 08-01-2013 22:53

(08-01-2013 22:41)alegend Wrote:  ooops
i didnt think when i posted this...sorry

you see the log included for details...
still not working.
I tried multiple times and also did some restarts...
one time when i copied a file to the watched dir it worked, i could see this because the minimwatch icon turned bright and green again - indicating minimserver did a restart...
and the file also popped up on my android client..
i dont know whats the problem...

Hi, please make sure that the MinimServer log level is set to Info (MinimWatch -> Show log -> Logging level -> Info), restart both MinimServer and Auto Restart and repeat the test.
If it still doesn't work, please post the file /homes/minimserver/appData/minimserver-out.log. Thanks!

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - alegend - 08-01-2013 23:42

ok...
i tested again.
1st file always is working
but then nothing...I included the log after 1st file and the log after 2nd file!

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 08-01-2013 23:48

(08-01-2013 23:42)alegend Wrote:  ok...
i tested again.
1st file always is working
but then nothing...I included the log after 1st file and the log after 2nd file!

From the previous log it seems that MinimServer on your NAS requires more than 4 seconds to respond to an 'about' command to retrieve its status. This could also explain the problem with the initial release of the Auto Restart package, where in fact the corresponding timeout was set to 5 seconds.
The attached test version 0.1c has this timeout drastically increased to 20 seconds and some more diagnostic logging. Please repeat the test also for this new version and report the results.
Many thanks for doing this. This is a problem I didn't expect and your reports are very helpful to fix this package for all Synology users.

PS: please attach for the next test the file minimserver-out.log (not minimserver.log)

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - alegend - 09-01-2013 00:10

ok no problem - im happy that I can help!
tested again
with 1 and 2 files.
Same result like before - 2nd file doesnt get recognized...

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 09-01-2013 20:48

Hi, here is a new test version with new approaches for retrieving the MinimServer status and inotify events, and with additional diagnostic logging. Please do the following:

1) Uninstall the old version of the Auto Restart package.
2) Reboot the NAS
3) Install v0.1d and start it.
4) Wait a minute and then perform your tests.

Please note that inotify errors are now written to /volume1/homes/minimserver/autorestart/inotify-stderr.log, if there should occur any.
Thanks!

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - alegend - 09-01-2013 23:32

Hi!

Tests made...
I have to say that files get added now!
But another problem....minimserver always keeps restarting.
I added 1 file to start with, then another one and another one.
But the server kept restarting and restarting...
I was on my android client and always lost connection due to restart of the server.

Logs included.
Thanks for your help again!

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 09-01-2013 23:49

(09-01-2013 23:32)alegend Wrote:  Hi!

Tests made...
I have to say that files get added now!

Hi, I'm glad that it is working now! I will make some refinements and then update the first post of this thread with the new version.

Quote:But another problem....minimserver always keeps restarting.
I added 1 file to start with, then another one and another one.
But the server kept restarting and restarting...

This is intended behaviour. If after a MinimServer restart another filesystem event is detected, the Auto Restart package will restart MinimServer again after the previous restart process has finished. This assures that no files are missed. Please refer to the first post in this thread on how you can change the default restart behaviour.

Quote:I was on my android client and always lost connection due to restart of the server.

This is also expected behaviour. During the restart process, MinimServer is not available to the control point but you are able to continue playing already enqueued tracks. Please refer to the MinimServer user guide for further information.

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - alegend - 10-01-2013 11:23

ah ok...makes sense!

I will test again because the problem with denied permissions still persists when adding files via sabnzb I think...althought minimserver has all rights on the dir.

the inotify reports an error when a new dir gets added by sabnzb:
Couldn't watch new directory xcy
Permission denied
maybe because the owner of the dir is sabnzbd?
i will try with a postprocessing script for downloaded files with owner changing
i will report if it is working then...

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - winxi - 10-01-2013 12:21

(10-01-2013 11:23)alegend Wrote:  ah ok...makes sense!

The next version will be less verbose on inotify events and I will try to avoid doubled restarts as far as possible.

Quote:I will test again because the problem with denied permissions still persists when adding files via sabnzb I think...althought minimserver has all rights on the dir.

the inotify reports an error when a new dir gets added by sabnzb:
Couldn't watch new directory xcy
Permission denied
maybe because the owner of the dir is sabnzbd?
i will try with a postprocessing script for downloaded files with owner changing
i will report if it is working then...

I don't use sabnzbd myself, but some googling revealed this solution. Maybe this is applicable for your setup, too.

RE: Auto Restart package for Synology users - alegend - 10-01-2013 16:34

yeah I already set 777 for downloaded files but still it says no permission....i dont know why