MinimServer Forum
Library glitch - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Library glitch (/showthread.php?tid=4155)

Library glitch - ac16161 - 03-09-2017 21:44

I was experimenting today with different file types, ended up deleting some AIFF files I'd created. Ever since, when browsing via iOS Kazoo, if I drill down on Format, there is an AIFF category, and the following is shown. Can't get rid of these entries no matter what I do. Everything on Minimserver is per latest version. Any ideas?

[attachment=1410]

RE: Library glitch - simoncn - 03-09-2017 22:59

Touch the 3 dots at the right, then select Info and look at the Uri field at the bottom of the list. This will show you the location of the file.

RE: Library glitch - ac16161 - 04-09-2017 17:47

thanks for the tip. I figured out why I couldn't find the files (which by the way were junk files sitting in my network iTunes-downloads location).

My music locations are of the form

/volume1/Music (where all my core music files are) and
/volume1/Public/iTunes/iTunes/Media/Music (for purchased iTunes files, shared access with my children's laptops).

Minimserver will not let me specify the content directories as above, as it reports a Directory name conflict as both entries end in "Music". Due to this minor annoyance I had set the iTunes location at the Media directory level, so Minimserver was scanning in non-audio directories as well, where it happened to find these junk AIFF files. I was searching only in the Music locations, hence I did not find them.

It would be nice if Minimserver could support more flexibility in specifying multiple network locations with a common final node name.

RE: Library glitch - simoncn - 04-09-2017 19:29

(04-09-2017 17:47)ac16161 Wrote:  It would be nice if Minimserver could support more flexibility in specifying multiple network locations with a common final node name.

Some things are more difficult than they appear and this is one of them.

Another solution would be for you to rename /volume1/Music to something else. For example, I have used Musicfiles and Media as folder names in such cases.

RE: Library glitch - ac16161 - 04-09-2017 21:47

Well I wouldn't presume to debate you on how tricky it might be to change this. The constraint has only ever tripped me up a couple of times and I was able to work around it.