MinimServer Forum
Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play (/showthread.php?tid=2922)

Pages: 1 2

Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - RuudS - 10-02-2016 00:02

I run MinimServer on a Synology 214Play. Some weeks ago I saw that this NAS doesn't go to hibernate state any more (not even after a few days). Until some weeks ago it did.
I stopped all services and after a restart it went (after 10 minutes, as set) into hibernate state. After I restarted the most important app on my NAS: Minimserver (and therefore Java) the problem was here again. To me it looks like an update (in Minimserver, Java and/or DSM) prevents the NAS (HDD) go into sleeping mode.

As far as I know and remember I didn't change settings that could be of influence on this. And now I checked, all seems as should be.

I can't find any link with changes. The only thing is that a power failure occurred the same day the log indicates a repeated: wake from hibernate. I haven't been able to find out what caused the wake.

What can I do to solve this?

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - simoncn - 10-02-2016 11:43

This problem is usually caused by having the MinimServer logging level set incorrectly. From the MinimWatch minim icon, select 'Show log' and set the logging level in the log window to Info. This should fix the problem.

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - RuudS - 11-02-2016 00:09

Thank you for your reaction. I didn't have to wait long !

This setting (show log to Info) didn't do the trick. Sad
It seemed to me as a likely cause, because I had been trying to get more information (logs) about how my set-up was working.

Do you have more things I could try to find what prevents the NAS/HDD from going into hibernate?

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - tarnkappe - 11-02-2016 21:40

Do you have a new PC or other device in your network that continuesly connects to the upnp server and so keeps the NAS awake? I sometimes have the feeling that after installing a new windows 10 system, the NAS refuses to sleep more often than before.

Does the behaviour occur, too, when activating the synology media server instead of minim?

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - RuudS - 11-02-2016 22:18

(11-02-2016 21:40)tarnkappe Wrote:  Do you have a new PC or other device in your network that continuesly connects to the upnp server and so keeps the NAS awake? I sometimes have the feeling that after installing a new windows 10 system, the NAS refuses to sleep more often than before.

Does the behaviour occur, too, when activating the synology media server instead of minim?

Even if all devices are not connected, or even shut down, the NAS stays awake. No other packages (except Java) are running
I'll shut down Minim and check if the NAS goes to sleep and run the media server instead afterwards and see what happens.

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - simoncn - 11-02-2016 23:14

(11-02-2016 00:09)RuudS Wrote:  Thank you for your reaction. I didn't have to wait long !

This setting (show log to Info) didn't do the trick. Sad
It seemed to me as a likely cause, because I had been trying to get more information (logs) about how my set-up was working.

Do you have more things I could try to find what prevents the NAS/HDD from going into hibernate?

If you have enabled some other kind of disk logging on the NAS that is logging network activity to disk, this might be causing the problem.

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - RuudS - 13-02-2016 00:30

No logging is active now.
The strange thing is, the NAS isn't going into sleep mode. This I don't understand, because I'm quite sure the situation is the same as when it did go into sleep mode some days ago.
I deleted Java and shut down the NAS. Tomorrow I'll continue this time consuming and frustrating quest.

Thanks for the help up to now!

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - RuudS - 23-03-2016 20:34

I didn't find a solution for the constant active NAS. That it has something to do with MinimServer/MinimWatch is not so very likely to me any more. But on the other hand, nothing seems to cause this.

Any help is still very welcome.

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - simoncn - 23-03-2016 20:40

(23-03-2016 20:34)RuudS Wrote:  I didn't find a solution for the constant active NAS. That it has something to do with MinimServer/MinimWatch is not so very likely to me any more. But on the other hand, nothing seems to cause this.

I have found that having Windows file sharing (SMB/CIFS) active can cause this problem.

RE: Hibernate / sleep Synology 214play - RuudS - 23-03-2016 22:37

(23-03-2016 20:40)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 20:34)RuudS Wrote:  I didn't find a solution for the constant active NAS. That it has something to do with MinimServer/MinimWatch is not so very likely to me any more. But on the other hand, nothing seems to cause this.

I have found that having Windows file sharing (SMB/CIFS) active can cause this problem.

I can't find an item like that within the settings. Where can I find this?
I've no checkmarks set in the Windows File Service advanced settings menu.