MinimServer Forum
Melco Audiophile NAS - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Digital Audio (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Melco Audiophile NAS (/showthread.php?tid=2032)

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - davidp - 23-12-2018 11:15

Some similar issues with Melco Firmware 3.9. My N1 defaulted to Direct player connection with no IP address. When this was changed to Nework the setting was DCHP not the Fixed IP address I always use - luckily the IP DNS addresses were there just not selected. Two restarts and I was up and running. However, I use my Melco to feed two systems one with MinimServer and one with Audirvana. Once I tried the nobody/nobody p/w for SMB file sharing on my Mac I could mount the library for Audirvana which then needed a new password for EVERY TRACK played. In the end I had to delete the library and recatalogue. To keep my Audirvana playlists I had to rewrite the rules for every smart playlist and export the fixed playlists and reimport them - half a day's work because of unwanted p/w protection. MinimServer has been working fine with the new Melco App and my Devialet in the main system.

Has anyone seen anything about this direct wired connection for iPad or Tablet with the Melco directly connected? I can only guess this would be a USB connection to the Melco and an Ethernet direct connection to the amp/DAC.

David

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - Donuk - 23-12-2018 12:09

Why not just put 3.8 back until the dust settles after Christmas?
Yes, you will have to reinstall Minimserver, but not the end of the world.

Donuk sunny downtown York

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - beckphotonik - 27-12-2018 16:46

Just found another problem with v3.9. My N1ZH/2 will not play any more than 16min 54sec of a DXD track over USB. All is fine using AirPlay I have not (yet) found a limitation on other formats.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 27-12-2018 19:13

This playing time is equivalent to 2 GB of data at 24/352800. For a WAV file, the playing limit should be 4 GB of data, not 2 GB. It sounds like the Melco USB-DAC renderer (or perhaps your control point) has a bug that limits it to a WAV file length of 2 GB. See this thread for a similar problem with a different renderer.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - beckphotonik - 27-12-2018 19:38

(27-12-2018 19:13)simoncn Wrote:  This playing time is equivalent to 2 GB of data at 24/352800. For a WAV file, the playing limit should be 4 GB of data, not 2 GB. It sounds like the Melco USB-DAC renderer (or perhaps your control point) has a bug that limits it to a WAV file length of 2 GB. See this thread for a similar problem with a different renderer.

Simon,
I recognise the file size etc. and have been in contact with Alan at Melco. The problem surfaced with firmware v3.9 as the control point (Melco iOS app) and renderer (Chord M Scaler/DAVE) have not changed since v3.8 and all worked fine then.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - GreenMtnGringo - 05-01-2019 17:35

Ever since installing Melco firmware v3.90, Audirvana Plus 3 has not worked correctly on my MacBook Pro (High Sierra 10.13.6). When running Audirvana, I get pop-up prompts constantly asking me to enter my name and password for the server N1-10BC (see attached screen shot). I select "Registered User," enter "nobody" (without the quotation marks) in the Name and Password fields, check the box for "Remember this password in my keychain" and then click Connect ... only to have to do it all over again, and again....

Is there a fix or workaround for this issue currently? Alternatively, does anyone know if there is a fix in the works?

Thanks.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - eagle3333 - 02-02-2019 20:27

Hello All, I'm a Newbie here and struggling with a router isolation issue I hope someone might be able to solve for me. Following occasional dropouts with my Melco N1ZH mkll, Melco suggested isolating my audio control system from the rest of my internet processes. They recommended running 2 routers WAN/LAN with the N1 connected to the second router using a different default gateway to the first in order to effect this. So :

Internet router 1 via ethernet to switch via ethernet to internet port on router 2 via ethernet to Melco via USB to DAC. (Router 1 is a Sky Q hub 1gb; Router 2 is a 300mbps Buffalo).

Problem is I'm getting even more dropouts than before and music collection is very slow to load. The N1 disappears from the Melco app and needs refreshing from within it pretty much whenever the third track of an album finishes, almost guaranteed. Music stops and the N1 disappears from the app. Sometimes it can't find it again with the refresh in the app and I have to re-start the app and N1. On start-up it can take an age for the N1 to appear in the app.

I'm pulling my hair out. Can anyone solve? Many thanks.

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 02-02-2019 22:26

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

As a test, I suggest that you disconnect the link between the two routers and create a completely isolated network using router 2 for the N1 and the device runnng the Melco app (with no connection to the internet). Does this solve the problem with dropouts?

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - eagle3333 - 03-02-2019 08:26

(02-02-2019 22:26)simoncn Wrote:  Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

As a test, I suggest that you disconnect the link between the two routers and create a completely isolated network using router 2 for the N1 and the device runnng the Melco app (with no connection to the internet). Does this solve the problem with dropouts?

Many thanks, Simon and a good place to start. What is the most straightforward way to connect a mini iPad to a router? Would it be per this : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7794507

RE: Melco Audiophile NAS - simoncn - 03-02-2019 10:32

Does your Buffalo router have wi-fi? This is the best way to connect the iPad.