MinimServer Forum
MinimServer and BubbleUPN - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: MinimServer and BubbleUPN (/showthread.php?tid=1809)

MinimServer and BubbleUPN - swansatspree - 07-09-2014 14:26

I'm trying BubbleUPnP on an android tablet.

First I learned, quickly that it comes with a server and client. It would make sense to keep them separate.

Anyway, I have the latest install of the server, update 42, and the control point. But the BubbleUPnP.

Here's what I did. Downloaded and installed BubbleUPnP. And expected it to see my server on the same network. This has not happened.

The server does show up on VLC.

Tips, please?

RE: MinimServer and BubbleUPN - simoncn - 07-09-2014 15:06

(07-09-2014 14:26)swansatspree Wrote:  I'm trying BubbleUPnP on an android tablet.

First I learned, quickly that it comes with a server and client. It would make sense to keep them separate.

Anyway, I have the latest install of the server, update 42, and the control point. But the BubbleUPnP.

Here's what I did. Downloaded and installed BubbleUPnP. And expected it to see my server on the same network. This has not happened.

Tips, please?

Are you saying that you can't see MinimServer in the BubbleUPnP device list? If you are running MinimServer and VLC on a Windows machine, this could be caused by a Windows firewall issue. If you are running MinimServer on a NAS, this could be caused by a multicast discovery problem with your wireless network. Please provide more details about your network setup and the machine you are using to run MinimServer.

RE: MinimServer and BubbleUPN - swansatspree - 07-09-2014 17:53

(07-09-2014 15:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 14:26)swansatspree Wrote:  I'm trying BubbleUPnP on an android tablet.

Tips, please?

Are you saying that you can't see MinimServer in the BubbleUPnP device list?

No. I can't find MinimServer on BubbleUPnP's "Local Server." Am I trying to connect to MinimServer using a wrong column on BubbleUPnP. I continue to assume that my MinimServer should show up on its "Local Server." I can see someone's laptop there, as well, I tested BubbleUPnP's internet connection to the server, and was able to connect to BubbleUPnP's server and listen to music. I tried the MinimServer one. I think the other there is MediaTomb. But I can't find my local server.

Quote:
If you are running MinimServer and VLC on a Windows machine, this could be caused by a Windows firewall issue. If you are running MinimServer on a NAS, this could be caused by a multicast discovery problem with your wireless network. Please provide more details about your network setup and the machine you are using to run MinimServer.

I'm running MinimServer off my mac laptop. The tablet and the laptop are on the same wireless network.

Thanks a lot, Simon

RE: MinimServer and BubbleUPN - simoncn - 07-09-2014 19:03

(07-09-2014 17:53)swansatspree Wrote:  No. I can't find MinimServer on BubbleUPnP's "Local Server." Am I trying to connect to MinimServer using a wrong column on BubbleUPnP. I continue to assume that my MinimServer should show up on its "Local Server." I can see someone's laptop there, as well, I tested BubbleUPnP's internet connection to the server, and was able to connect to BubbleUPnP's server and listen to music. I tried the MinimServer one. I think the other there is MediaTomb. But I can't find my local server.

The Local Media Server of BubbleUPnP is part of BubbleUPnP and is not related to external UPnP Servers such as MinimServer. You would use this local server if you want to browse and play music that is stored on your tablet.

In BubbleUPnP, please use Settings > Look and Feel to set 'Bottom tabs' to 'Enabled, with additional Devices tab', then select the Devices tab. You will see renderers in the top half of the screen and libraries (servers) in the bottom half of the screen. Ther first library in the list should be Local Media Server and MinimServer should appear underneath it. What exactly do you see underneath Local Media Server?

RE: MinimServer and BubbleUPN - swansatspree - 07-09-2014 20:02

(07-09-2014 19:03)simoncn Wrote:  [quote='swansatspree' pid='10924' dateline='1410108813']
No. I can't find MinimServer on BubbleUPnP's "Local Server." Am I trying to connect to MinimServer using a wrong column on BubbleUPnP. I continue to assume that my MinimServer should show up on its "Local Server." I can see someone's laptop there, as well, I tested BubbleUPnP's internet connection to the server, and was able to connect to BubbleUPnP's server and listen to music. I tried the MinimServer one. I think the other there is MediaTomb. But I can't find my local server.

The Local Media Server of BubbleUPnP is part of BubbleUPnP and is not related to external UPnP Servers such as MinimServer. You would use this local server if you want to browse and play music that is stored on your tablet.

Quote:In BubbleUPnP, please use Settings > Look and Feel to set 'Bottom tabs' to 'Enabled, with additional Devices tab', then select the Devices tab. You will see renderers in the top half of the screen and libraries (servers) in the bottom half of the screen. Ther first library in the list should be Local Media Server and MinimServer should appear underneath it. What exactly do you see underneath Local Media Server?

This is what I've done.

BubbleUPnP>Settings (and here I see
"Theme"
App theme
Navigation drawer theme
bottom tabs theme>Same as app theme (checked)
now playing theme
"Appearance"
Icons color
Now playing color art
Fade Now playing art
Transparent navigation drawer
UI Elements"
Bottom tabs>'Enabled, with additional Devices tab'(checked)
Library mini player (checked)
Navigation drawer always visible (checked)

I exist and came to the main UI. And here, from top to bottom, at the left:
Now Playing
Library
--------
Renderer (in yellow)
(Icon) Local Renderer (I touched on this and nothing happens.
----------
Library
(Icon) Local Media Server
Mediatomb(Demo)
MinimServer (Demo)
Media
Cloud