MinimServer Forum
Folders have pictures associated with them - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Folders have pictures associated with them (/showthread.php?tid=1356)

Pages: 1 2 3

Folders have pictures associated with them - nrwatson - 28-02-2014 23:55

When I use the folder view in Kinsky most of the folders are shown as folders there are a few that come up with pictures rather than folders which have nothing to do with the albums in the the folder
I have tried copyuing all the files into a different folder but still the same problem

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - simoncn - 01-03-2014 09:16

(28-02-2014 23:55)nrwatson Wrote:  When I use the folder view in Kinsky most of the folders are shown as folders there are a few that come up with pictures rather than folders which have nothing to do with the albums in the the folder
I have tried copyuing all the files into a different folder but still the same problem

Can you give more detail? It would be very helpful to know the location of the pictures in question (presumably Folder.jpg files somewhere in your library) and the location of the folders to which these pictures are attached.

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - nrwatson - 01-03-2014 20:32

Though I had sent reply earlier
I have set up that on Nas I have folders with Artists names eg Beethoven and then as subfolders I have their albums in another folder eg 6 Symphony
When I look under folders then I see a folder
However the Apparatjik Folder seems to have a picture of Annie Lenox associated with it so it comes up as A picture rather than the Folder
If I create a new folder App and copy the Albums over then delete the Apparatjik File it shows as a folder but unfortunately the Annie Lenox picture will be associated with a different Folder Then if I rename App To Apparatjik the picture then comes back again
[attachment=372]

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - simoncn - 01-03-2014 20:52

(01-03-2014 20:32)nrwatson Wrote:  Though I had sent reply earlier
I have set up that on Nas I have folders with Artists names eg Beethoven and then as subfolders I have their albums in another folder eg 6 Symphony
However the Apparatjik Folder seems to have a picture of Annie Lenox associated with it so it comes up as A picture rather than the Folder

Thanks, this is very helpful.

Quote:If I create a new folder App and copy the Albums over then delete the Apparatjik File it shows as a folder but unfortunately the Annie Lenox picture will be associated with a different Folder

Which different folder?

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - simoncn - 01-03-2014 22:17

(01-03-2014 20:32)nrwatson Wrote:  Though I had sent reply earlier
If I create a new folder App and copy the Albums over then delete the Apparatjik File it shows as a folder but unfortunately the Annie Lenox picture will be associated with a different Folder Then if I rename App To Apparatjik the picture then comes back again

Did you do a Rescan from MinimWatch after making these changes? If you didn't, this might explain the incorrect artwork.

Another possibility is that the control point has out-of-date cached data. Please try restarting the control point to see if that makes a difference.

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - nrwatson - 02-03-2014 00:24

Yes rescaned after each change the picture was then associated with a completely different folder when the folder was app but when I changed it back to the original name the picture then went back to Apparatjik Folder
I will try restaring control point

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - nrwatson - 02-03-2014 14:07

Still not sorted I have deleted the Apparatjik folder and now the picture has transfered to the Benjamin file
[attachment=375]

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - simoncn - 02-03-2014 23:50

(02-03-2014 14:07)nrwatson Wrote:  Still not sorted I have deleted the Apparatjik folder and now the picture has transfered to the Benjamin file

Please do the following:

1) Quit Kinsky on the Mac.
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, set the logging level to Trace
4) Leave the log window open
5) Launch Kinsky and display the screen with the incorrect picture
6) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the log file
7) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info
8) Zip the saved log file and attach it to a post here

Many thanks!

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - nrwatson - 03-03-2014 22:44

[attachment=378] here is file
Thanks Simon

RE: Folders have pictures associated with them - simoncn - 04-03-2014 00:25

(03-03-2014 22:44)nrwatson Wrote:  here is file
Thanks Simon

From this log, it looks like you didn't exactly follow the sequence that I requested. As some of the steps might not have been quite clear, I have added a bit more detail this time. Please can you try again and be careful to do all these steps exactly as stated.

1) While the Kinsky window is active, go to the menu bar at the top of the screen and select Kinsky > Quit Kinsky. When you click "Quit Kinsky", the Kinsky window should close.
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) The MinimServer log window will be displayed. In this window, set the logging level to Trace.
4) Do not close the log window after setting the logging level to Trace, but leave the log window open.
5) With the log window still open and the logging level set to Trace, launch Kinsky and navigate to the screen with the incorrect picture, using the smallest number of steps to do this.
6) As soon as you see the incorrect picture, go back to the log window and click 'Save as' to save the log file. Don't change the logging level before you do this.
7) After saving the log file, set the logging level back to Info in the log window, then close the log window.
8) Zip the saved log file and attach it to a post here

Many thanks!