MinimServer Forum
minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - Printable Version

+- MinimServer Forum (https://forum.minimserver.com)
+-- Forum: MinimServer (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) (/showthread.php?tid=1243)

Pages: 1 2

minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - shurvinton - 03-01-2014 23:03

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 0.8.1 from 0.72 to try and fix some performance issues that I have,

I am using an HP t7510 thin client running voyage and minimserver. IIRO 46000 files taking up 460GB on external USB HDD. Two problems I find. first is that a rescan takes about 5 hours. second is that, whilst selecting files on a client and scrolling through a directory it often hangs for about 20 seconds. Search has never worked well.

I think I have a memory shortage, but whilst waiting for that to arrive would install 0.8.1. This installed initially, then crashed about 4 hours into the rescan taking the server down and will not restart. I have just done a fresh install to the same disk that has the music files on to ensure I wasn't running out of space on the book stick.

On running startd I get

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /mnt/music/minimserver/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: /mnt/music/minimserver/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

Clearly I've done something dumb, but not seen this error before. Any pointers?

Rgds

Bill

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - simoncn - 03-01-2014 23:30

(03-01-2014 23:03)shurvinton Wrote:  Hi,

I have just upgraded to 0.8.1 from 0.72 to try and fix some performance issues that I have,

I am using an HP t7510 thin client running voyage and minimserver. IIRO 46000 files taking up 460GB on external USB HDD. Two problems I find. first is that a rescan takes about 5 hours. second is that, whilst selecting files on a client and scrolling through a directory it often hangs for about 20 seconds. Search has never worked well.

I think I have a memory shortage, but whilst waiting for that to arrive would install 0.8.1. This installed initially, then crashed about 4 hours into the rescan taking the server down and will not restart. I have just done a fresh install to the same disk that has the music files on to ensure I wasn't running out of space on the book stick.

On running startd I get

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /mnt/music/minimserver/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: /mnt/music/minimserver/minimserver/data/native/libohNet.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

Clearly I've done something dumb, but not seen this error before. Any pointers?

Rgds

Bill

I could find any reference to a t7510. Do you have a t5710?

Which MinimServer 0.8.1 download did you install? This message could indicate an incorrect platform version for the native files, or it could mean your MinimServer installation has been damaged in some way. As a first step, you can try doing:

remove -rf /mnt/music/minimserver/minimserver/data/native

When you next restart MinimServer, it will recreate this directory and its contents. If this doesn't help, try doing a fresh installation of the Linux x86 version of MinimServer into a different directory.

You rescan times seem extremely long for the size of your library. The MinimServer rescan can be very slow when using a network-attached drive, but it shouldn't be that slow with a USB-attached drive.

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - shurvinton - 03-01-2014 23:46

oops yes, finger trouble. T5710. Not a powerhouse, but I am not transcoding. minimserver-0.8.1-linux-x86.tar.gz is the download.

Deleting and restarting gives the same error. I will reinstall on the other (flash) drive and see if it does the same. I had moved the install directory to see if I was running out of space on a scan.

based on monitoring last night I think I have a RAM issue with only 256MB so have a 512MB stick coming which will at least remove that as a potential bottleneck.

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - simoncn - 04-01-2014 00:00

(03-01-2014 23:46)shurvinton Wrote:  oops yes, finger trouble. T5710. Not a powerhouse, but I am not transcoding. minimserver-0.8.1-linux-x86.tar.gz is the download.

Deleting and restarting gives the same error. I will reinstall on the other (flash) drive and see if it does the same. I had moved the install directory to see if I was running out of space on a scan.

based on monitoring last night I think I have a RAM issue with only 256MB so have a 512MB stick coming which will at least remove that as a potential bottleneck.

The MinimServer installation includes some symbolic links. Moving it after installing it could cause problems as these links might not be pointing to the correct locations. I suggest you do a fresh installation from the .tar.gz file directly into your desired location.

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - shurvinton - 04-01-2014 01:11

ok, fresh install (fresh download as well) on the OS drive has gone in. something keeps corrupting the tarball, but pretty sure I have killed that now. External HDD install is not happy. I am going to assume this is my fault as minimserver is trying to scan itself with the directory structure I have and revisit if I need the disk space. As an aside is there anyway of putting the music.mcache in a seperate directory as this is my biggest concern with the USB flash drive that the OS is on?

so now have a new crash, but the good news is can restart, so will do some data checking on my music files just in case.

Quote: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at org.jminim.core.ComponentClassLoader.findLocalClass(ComponentClassLoader.java:12​6)
at org.jminim.core.ComponentClassLoader.loadClass(ComponentClassLoader.java:68)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
at com.minimserver.FLACFileReader.readFile(FLACFileReader.java:102)
at com.minimserver.FileReader.readFileData(FileReader.java:93)
at com.minimserver.Server.readMetadata(Server.java:4907)
at com.minimserver.Server.scanFiles(Server.java:3471)
at com.minimserver.Server.scanFiles(Server.java:3591)
at com.minimserver.Server.readFiles(Server.java:3057)
at com.minimserver.Server.doStart(Server.java:1710)
at com.minimserver.Server.start(Server.java:399)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.startComponent(ContextImpl.java:160)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:85)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:1231)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:795)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:96)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:475)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:133)
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:28[quote]

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - shurvinton - 04-01-2014 01:35

just crashed again. at the same point, but different error

HTTPService: socket thread caught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jminim/lib/HTTPConnection$WriterThread
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jminim/lib/HTTPConnection$WriterThread
at org.jminim.lib.HTTPService$SocketThread.run(HTTPService.java:371)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jminim.lib.HTTPConnection$WriterThread

this time it has not restarted. startc returns
root@voyage:/etc/minim-home/minimserver/bin# sh startc
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jminim/launch/Launcher
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.getConfigDir(LaunchServer.java:42)
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:19)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jminim.launch.Launcher
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:214)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Detect premature EOF
at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java:131)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:273)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - shurvinton - 04-01-2014 01:46

I also have a java crashlog. At this point not sure what to do to get it restarted short of a re-install. I have a feeling getting the updates in should help me, but not sure how given it won't get as far as completing a scan.

all good funSmile

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - simoncn - 04-01-2014 11:53

(04-01-2014 01:46)shurvinton Wrote:  I also have a java crashlog. At this point not sure what to do to get it restarted short of a re-install. I have a feeling getting the updates in should help me, but not sure how given it won't get as far as completing a scan.

all good funSmile

These messages indicate that there is some very serious problem with your installation of MinimServer or Java. The updates won't make any difference to the problems you're seeing. Which version of Java are you using?

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - shurvinton - 04-01-2014 12:31

JRE version: 6.0_27-b27
# Java VM: OpenJDK Client VM (20.0-b12 mixed mode, sharing linux-x86 )
# Derivative: IcedTea6 1.12.6
# Distribution: Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy), package 6b27-1.12.6-1

RE: minimserver 0.8.1 start errors (linux) - simoncn - 04-01-2014 13:31

(04-01-2014 12:31)shurvinton Wrote:  JRE version: 6.0_27-b27
# Java VM: OpenJDK Client VM (20.0-b12 mixed mode, sharing linux-x86 )
# Derivative: IcedTea6 1.12.6
# Distribution: Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy), package 6b27-1.12.6-1

This is extremely old. I suggest you update to the latest Java 7 JRE download from the Oracle website.