MinimServer Forum

Full Version: My control point can't see MinimServer - after a while
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After start-up of the NAS, everything is working fine. I select a CD to play on the control point. When the CD is finished, and I haven't played another one for a while, i grab the control point to play some music. Now it sees the renderer, but not MinimServer. I noticed that if I go to the Package Center in DSM, and then stop and start MinimServer, then the control point can see MinimServer again.

NAS: Synology DS213j, running DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2
Router: NetGear Orbi, running Router Firmware Version V2.1.4.16
Control Point: mconnectControl HD : 2.4.7 on iPad running iOS 10.3.3
Renderer: PSAudio DirectStream DAC Firmware Version 3.5.1

Can you please help?
When MinimServer is not visible in the control point, what happens if you go to the DSM main menu and click the MinimServer icon? Does the MinimServer status web page open?
(20-09-2018 12:59)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]When MinimServer is not visible in the control point, what happens if you go to the DSM main menu and click the MinimServer icon? Does the MinimServer status web page open?

Yes it does open in a new window. Here is a screen shot.
OK, this probably means there is a multicast UPnP discovery problem with your network. This is a known issue with the NETGEAR Orbi (see this thread). You might be able to solve it by disabling "enable daisy chain topology" in the Orbi (see this thread).
I disabled the daisy chain topology. I have only one satellite, so it wasn't doing anything for me anyway. However, this didn't solve the problem.

Then I reset the ORBI to factory default settings, and went through the setup process from start. Seemed like a good thing to do, since I went through several firmware updates since I bought it. Then I disabled the daisy chain topology again. Now the IP address of the NAS appears in the UPnP Portmap Table on the ORBI (two entries for port 80 and 5000 respectively). This table was empty in the past. The renderer and the control point still don't appear on the UPnP Portmap Table.

The Portmap Table was a hopeful sign. But unfortunately, MinimServer is still magically disappearing from the control point, and restarting MinimServer brings it back.

Do you have any other suggestions?
MinimServer uses ports 9790 and 1900, together with other ports that are dynamically allocated at runtime. It doesn't use ports 80 and 5000.

As the control point is discovering MinimServer initially, it seems that UPnP "alive" messages and/or subscription renewals are not being passed correctly between MinimServer and the control point. Which control point are you using and what device are you using to run it?
(20-09-2018 20:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]MinimServer uses ports 9790 and 1900, together with other ports that are dynamically allocated at runtime. It doesn't use ports 80 and 5000.

As the control point is discovering MinimServer initially, it seems that UPnP "alive" messages and/or subscription renewals are not being passed correctly between MinimServer and the control point. Which control point are you using and what device are you using to run it?

Control Point: mconnectControl HD : 2.4.7 on iPad running iOS 10.3.3
It is likely that the Orbi is the cause of the problem. There is a suggested solution in this thread but I am not sure whether it will help with your issue. If this doesn't solve the problem, I would suggest contacting Orbi technical support.
Reference URL's