MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch difficulty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I seem to be in a bit of a bit of a pickle with MinimWatch.

I've downloaded the app to my Windows 10 Laptop and opted for an icon to be placed on the desktop. The icon is coloured grey and when i double click nothing happens! If I right click a "normal" Windows menu of possible actions is displayed - nothing like those suggested in the User Guide. I'm now trying to Uninstall it from the Laptop but the message is coming back telling me that MinimWatch is running and needs to be stopped before I can Uninstall. How do I do this please?

Added to this, I've also downloaded the App to my Windows 7 PC but I have exactly the same scenario as that described above. I'm obviously doing something very wrong without realising what it is. Perhaps you can provide some further guidance please.

Thanks

Jeff
When MinimWatch is running, it displays a small icon showing a musical note in the Windows system tray. Windows might have placed this icon in the system tray overflow area. See this page for full details.
Thanks for your response, Simon. I've checked the Firewall settings on my Windows 7 PC and both inbound rules for TCP and UDP access for Java™ Platform SE binary are enabled.
Do you see the minim icon (musical note) in your system tray or the overflow area? If so, what is its background colour?
There isn't a minim icon in the system tray.

Not sure what you mean by the "overflow area" but if that is the list of icons that displays if you click on the system tray "customise" option then there is a reference to MinimServer running under the heading of Java but there isn't an icon against that entry in the list.

I didn't mention at the start that MinimServer is running on a QNAP NAS.
In the icons above the word Customize, there should be an icon that looks like a musical note (a minim). Do you see this?
I’ve hovered over each icon so that the name displays and there isn’t one with a minim or anything named MinimWatch or MinimServer in this location above the word “Customise”.
I’ve just double clicked the grey icon and a green minim icon has appeared in the task bar. I don’t understand why this hasn’t been the case previously when I’ve double clicked on the icon! Thanks for your help and I’m sorry to have troubled you.

Jeff
This icon might "disappear" at some point. If this happens, you will be able to find it in the overflow area. You can use the Customize menu to make the minim icon always appear in the system tray (taskbar) by choosing 'Show icon and notifications' instead of 'Only show notifications'.
Reference URL's