MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Very Slow Rescan with 8.5.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've installed V8.5.3. It started a rescan 4 hrs ago and has still not completed it. With earlier versions, the rescans used to take about 20 minutes, with the items scanned in the verbose mode of show log whizzing down the screen to fast to read. With 8.5.3 the items scanned are scrolling down at a very leisurely pace, easily slow enough to read. As I have over 50,000 albums to scan, it is going to take days to complete the rescan. Should it?

Chris
0.8.5.3 should not be scanning the library more slowly than previous versions.

Which version were you using previously and on which platform? Are your music files on a local disk or accessed across a network?

How did you install 0.8.5.3? If you did this in a way that deleted the MinimServer cache files that were created by the previous version, this would explain the much slower rescan performance.
(15-05-2018 20:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]0.8.5.3 should not be scanning the library more slowly than previous versions.

Which version were you using previously and on which platform? Are your music files on a local disk or accessed across a network?

How did you install 0.8.5.3? If you did this in a way that deleted the MinimServer cache files that were created by the previous version, this would explain the much slower rescan performance.
Hi, Simon,
The version I am using is a test build you gave me to overcome a bout of Java heap space problems I was experiencing. You supplied it to me on 11/12/2017. It is installed on a ReadyNAS NV2+ on which my music files are stored. The NAS is on a network.

I installed the upgrade after down loading it and hitting the Run button.

Chris
Doh!!!
I have just realised what I did. When I received the warning that the old minimserver was no longer supported, I suffered a brainfade and downloaded & installed the Windows version. I started the newly installed Minimserver instead of the Minimwatch I normally use. The newly installed minimserver on the PC thenproceeded to run a rescan over the network. Slow.
I have now uninstalled the Windows version, and am running a rescan with Minimwatch which is proceeding at it's usual speed.
Sorry to have troubled you unnecessarily.

Chris
I was getting a bit concerned about this, so I am pleased to hear that it isn't a problem with 0.8.5.3. Thanks for letting me know.
Reference URL's