MinimServer Forum

Full Version: tagOptions and sorting...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I'm making my first steps in the world of MinimServer and I'm trying to have a sorting order on "Artists" based on reverse name.

As I'm listening a lot of classical music, I'm using Album Artist and Artist fields for popular music while I'm using COMPOSER, PERFORMER, SOLOISTS (as backup for PERFORMER), ORCHESTRA, CONDUCTOR, CHOIR ...etc.

COMPOSER has its COMPOSERSORT field with for example:
COMPOSER = Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
COMPOSERSORT = Beethoven, Ludwig van

For PERFORMER :
PERFORMER = Arthur Rubinstein (piano)
PERFORMERSORT = Rubinstein, Arthur

I try to use the following for the tagOptions field: composer.sortTags={composersort}.
I got the following error: "incorrect tag 'composer' for option 'sortTags' in property 'tagOptions'.

I try with different case and I got always the same message.

In property 'indexTags', I have the following (as I'm french, I use french translation for tags):
Artist:Artiste de l'album, Date, Genre, All Artists:Tous les artistes, Composer:Compositeur, Composition:Œuvre musicale, Conductor:Chef d'orchestre, Performer:Interprètes, Grouping, Style, PeriodTongueériode

Where am I wrong?

Thanks Wink
The sortTags option of the tagOptions property can only be used for Album, [items] and [folder]. To customize the sort order for other tags, you need to use the value.sort option of the tagValue property.
Thanks Simon for the answer.

I just tried it and I do not understand because I have the same error message: MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'ComposerSort' in option 'Composer.value.sort' in property 'tagOptions'

For sure, I move the tagOptions content to tagValue field content and I use "value.sort".
So I'm bit confused to read property 'tagOptions'.
Right now, tagOptions is empty.

-----------
I have also a bonus question: I use GROUPING tag for a higher level for GENRE then GENRE to narrow a little bit and STYLE for finishing this genre cascading.

Let's take an example to illustrate:
GROUPING = Classical
GENRE = Chamber Orchestra
STYLE = Quatuor

For popular music:
GROUPING = Metal
GENRE = Trash Metal (and sometimes several GENRE tags).

I'm wondering if it is possible to "force" the following index browsing:
GROUPING -> GENRE -> STYLE

Right now, I can start the browsing in any of these tags and not to force a top-down approach.

Please help Smile

Cheers, Olivier
(29-04-2018 08:53)Hibiki Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried it and I do not understand because I have the same error message: MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'ComposerSort' in option 'Composer.value.sort' in property 'tagOptions'

This message means that you haven't added ComposerSort to itemTags.

Quote:I'm wondering if it is possible to "force" the following index browsing:
GROUPING -> GENRE -> STYLE

MinimServer does not support forcing you to browse your library by specific tags in a specific order. This is because a major feature of MinimServer compared with other servers is that you can always browse by any tags in any order at any time.
OK. Thanks Simon.
I do not have error message anymore but the sorting is still based on First Name Last Name not Last Name, First Name as defined in the tag PERFORMERSORT or COMPOSER SORT...

I have:
itemTags: ComposerSort, PerformerSort
tagValue: Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}, Performer.value.sort={PerformerSort}

I'm trying it with Foobar2000 and the UPnP Browser and I got: Arthur Rubinstein (piano) on top of the list then Wilhelm Kempff (piano), while I'm expecting the opposite...
In the log, I'm reading:
16:58:18.596 main: updating COMPOSER tag 'Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)'; current value is null; new sort value is 'Beethoven, Ludwig van'
16:58:18.596 main: updating PERFORMER tag 'Wilhelm Kempff (piano)'; current value is null; new sort value is 'Kempff, Wilhelm'
16:58:18.596 main: updating PERFORMER tag 'Arthur Rubinstein (piano)'; current value is null; new sort value is 'Rubinstein, Arthur'

So it looks fine, no?

*Last update: with Linn Kinsky, it works... Very odd...

-------------
OK for the "forcing" info! It is just a matter of habit I presume.

-------------
Another question for WAF: is it possible to translate "items", "[unknown]", "[folder view]" and "[complete album]" entries?
What is the control point that does not work with custom sorting?

The "albums", "items", "[unknown]", "[folder view]" and "[complete album]" entries cannot be translated at present. I am hoping to add support for translation of these entries in a future version of MinimServer.
Hi Simon,

It is foobar2000 (on Windows). As Control point and renderer.
With Linn Kinsky (on Windows too) as control point, it works like a charm...

It should be great to "supersede" specific entries as we can do it with indexTags with our local native.

Anyway thanks for the help because it was tricky to make it works Smile

Thanks, thanks!
The sorting problem is a known issue with foobar2000 and it will not be fixed (see this post).
OK. Thanks Simon for the info. Cheers.
Reference URL's