MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Log Error Messages Not Understood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Simon,
I cannot work out what is wrong with my files but am getting error messages on a couple of discs. The first one is logged thus:-

Quote:Warning: conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for file Opera/Gluck, Christoph Willibald (1714-1787)/Gluck - Iphigénie en Tauride (Riccardo Muti)/35 - Act III Scn II - Récitatif - 'Voici ces captifs malheureux' (Deuxiême prètresse, Iphigénie).flac
first conflicting value: Riccardo Muti
second conflicting value: Coro e Orchestra del Teatro alla Scala

The offending albumartist tag copied from EasyTag is as follows:-

Code:
Riccardo Muti - Coro e Orchestra del Teatro alla Scala - Carol Vaness - Thomas Allen - Gösta Winbergh - Giorgio Surian

Could the problem be illegal charcters? I have tagging set to remove them but you never know.

All the ALBUMARTIST tags are the same for each disk.

BTW, what is the best software to view the metadata rather than using EasyTag?
The problem is not illegal characters. The file:

Opera/Gluck, Christoph Willibald (1714-1787)/Gluck - Iphigénie en Tauride (Riccardo Muti)/35 - Act III Scn II - Récitatif - 'Voici ces captifs malheureux' (Deuxiême prètresse, Iphigénie).flac

has two (or more) ALBUMARTIST tags:

Riccardo Muti
Coro e Orchestra del Teatro alla Scala

This is not supported by MinimServer.

I have heard that puddletag is a good tagging program for Linux.
(10-01-2018 15:42)Budgie Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, what is the best software to view the metadata rather than using EasyTag?

Depends what platform you are running EasyTag on. On Windows, I would recommend MP3Tag (which some folk have also reported as running on Linux under Wine, though I have never been successful with this). On the Mac (which I don't use) many folk hereabouts recommend Metadatics. On Linux, there is PuddleTag, but, in my limited experience with it, it is not nearly as fully featured as the other two.

Your actual problem is that MinimServer is seeing the AlbumArtist tag in the listed file as being different in some way from the other AlbumArtist tags in the same Album. MinimServer only allows a single AlbumArtist value for all the tracks in an album. Multiple Artist values are allowed, and the AlbumArtist values can (all) be empty.

It is very unlikely that what MinimServer is telling you is wrong, but the causes of this problem can be difficult to puzzle out. Sometimes there are 'rogue' tracks with the same Album name which have accidentally been included in the Album. Sometimes there is a variation in the text which is difficult to spot. Sometimes multiple AlbumArtist tags are generated.

The easiest way to solve the problem is often just to select all the album tracks in a tag editor, make them all blank, and then rescan MinimServer to see whether the error message disappears. If it does, you can do a simultaneous replacement of the AllbumArtist tag value on all tracks (to make sure that all are using the same value), and rescan again. If you are still getting the error with (you believe) all the AlbumArtist values in the album blank, you need to be looking for interlopers in the album or (probably more likely) multiple AlbumArtist tags in the problem track(s) that need to be deleted.

David
(10-01-2018 18:06)DavidHB Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2018 15:42)Budgie Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, what is the best software to view the metadata rather than using EasyTag?

Depends what platform you are running EasyTag on. On Windows, I would recommend MP3Tag (which some folk have also reported as running on Linux under Wine, though I have never been successful with this). On the Mac (which I don't use) many folk hereabouts recommend Metadatics. On Linux, there is PuddleTag, but, in my limited experience with it, it is not nearly as fully featured as the other two.

Your actual problem is that MinimServer is seeing the AlbumArtist tag in the listed file as being different in some way from the other AlbumArtist tags in the same Album. MinimServer only allows a single AlbumArtist value for all the tracks in an album. Multiple Artist values are allowed, and the AlbumArtist values can (all) be empty.

It is very unlikely that what MinimServer is telling you is wrong, but the causes of this problem can be difficult to puzzle out. Sometimes there are 'rogue' tracks with the same Album name which have accidentally been included in the Album. Sometimes there is a variation in the text which is difficult to spot. Sometimes multiple AlbumArtist tags are generated.

The easiest way to solve the problem is often just to select all the album tracks in a tag editor, make them all blank, and then rescan MinimServer to see whether the error message disappears. If it does, you can do a simultaneous replacement of the AllbumArtist tag value on all tracks (to make sure that all are using the same value), and rescan again. If you are still getting the error with (you believe) all the AlbumArtist values in the album blank, you need to be looking for interlopers in the album or (probably more likely) multiple AlbumArtist tags in the problem track(s) that need to be deleted.

David

Hi David and Simon,
Now you have confirmed the cause of the symptoms I think I have cracked it. EasyTag uses an hyphen as delimiter, (PuddleTag uses // or \\, can't remember,) which I use when I wish to enter two genres eg Opera - Baroque. This enables me to look up under either genre when using Minimserver/BubbleDS Next setup.

This option can be set in EasyTag preferences for several fields and clearly I have it enabled for genre. I also have it enabled for Artist but not for Albumartist, indeed there is no such option available. It seems however that this is working on Albumartist and is the cause of minimserver seeing more than one albumartist being set. I have removed the offending hyphens.
Many thanks once more.
I know I am pushing my luck having failed to read (please forgive,) the library paragraph on playlists but once I added 8 to the extension .m3u8, the errors disappeared from the log. Am I right in assuming that because the NAS and control points are all running on variants of linux, the problem only manifested itself in the windoze machine running minimwatch and the playing system would not have a problem?

My error log is now down to only a few lines but three have me stuck as try as I might I cannot see the causes:-

Error: group contains tracks that aren't consecutive: Cantata, BWV 62 "Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland II" in album Bach_-_Gardiner_Cantata_Pilgrimage_(Disk_52)_BWV_61,62,36
Error: group contains tracks that aren't consecutive: Auf Christi Himmelfahrt allein BWV 128 in album Bach_-_Gardiner_Cantata_Pilgrimage_(Disk_20)_BWV_43,37,128,11
Error: group contains tracks that aren't consecutive: Orfeo & Euridice in album Gluck:Orfeo & Euridice

I cannot see any non consecutive tracks in file names or tags. Any suggestions please.
You have a GROUP tag and this is being applied to tracks that aren't consecutive.
(12-01-2018 16:51)Budgie Wrote: [ -> ]I know I am pushing my luck having failed to read (please forgive,) the library paragraph on playlists but once I added 8 to the extension .m3u8, the errors disappeared from the log. Am I right in assuming that because the NAS and control points are all running on variants of linux, the problem only manifested itself in the windoze machine running minimwatch and the playing system would not have a problem?

I think you may have posted this question to the wrong thread. It doesn't seem to relate to any previous discussion here.
(12-01-2018 18:51)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2018 16:51)Budgie Wrote: [ -> ]I know I am pushing my luck having failed to read (please forgive,) the library paragraph on playlists but once I added 8 to the extension .m3u8, the errors disappeared from the log. Am I right in assuming that because the NAS and control points are all running on variants of linux, the problem only manifested itself in the windoze machine running minimwatch and the playing system would not have a problem?

I think you may have posted this question to the wrong thread. It doesn't seem to relate to any previous discussion here.

You are right. It related to my character set/playlist problem now solved. Sorry about that.
(12-01-2018 18:13)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You have a GROUP tag and this is being applied to tracks that aren't consecutive.

Yes, that accords with the error message. My problem is I know nothing about group tags and such a tag does not appear in PuddleTag, EasyTag or even the list of Tag mappings in the reference library unless CONTENTGROUP is the same thing. Even so I have no idea how it came to be set or how I can see it in order to correct the problem. Will read some more but if you can suggest a fix it would be much appreciated.
GROUP is not the same as CONTENTGROUP. You can make MinimServer ignore all GROUP tags by adding Group:nil to aliasTags.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's