MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Empty listing with Vlc on Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I use Vlc on Android to browse my other servers, it generally does not have issues with my servers but somehow Vlc cant display the contents of a folder that has m3Us that have online radios listed in them. The folder that has these playlists show up empty in Vlc on Android.

I can get the listings fine in BubbleUpnp and couple other apps on Android.

thanks
Does this problem affect all .m3u files or just those containing radio streams?
simoncn

I descried the issue wrongly.

It shows the m3us in the folder where they belong. But the inside of the m3us are all empy (regardless of transcoded or not). So the m3us are listed but clicking on them bring empty listings. I am not sure if this is an issue with Vlc or Minimserver.

thanks
Does this problem affect all .m3u files or just those containing radio streams?
All m3us as far as I can tell.
I have reproduced this problem. It is caused by a bug in VLC. When VLC browses a container, the server returns a UPnP object ID for each object in the container. VLC is modifying object IDs that contain a '*' character instead of using them "as is". For example, if MinimServer returns the object ID '0$playlists$*p0', VLC changes the object ID to '0$playlists$%2ap0' which isn't a valid MinimServer object ID.

There also seems to be a problem with object IDs that contain a # character. For example, if MinimServer returns the object ID '0$=#AudioFormat', VLC changes the object ID to '0$=' which isn't a valid MinimServer object ID.

If you view the MinimServer log, you will see some "isn't a valid object" messages from MinimServer that are caused by this problem.

For correct operation of MinimServer, it is essential that the control point preserves all object IDs returned by MinimServer exactly "as is" with no modification.
simoncn

Thanks for looking into this for real.I guess we are at the mercy of Vlc devs at this point. I am also glad that this is not an issue with the Minimserver since I can just use another upnp controller.
I have reported this on the VLC forum. I hope it will be a simple fix for the VLC developers.
Thanks for the effort.
Reference URL's