MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Library glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was experimenting today with different file types, ended up deleting some AIFF files I'd created. Ever since, when browsing via iOS Kazoo, if I drill down on Format, there is an AIFF category, and the following is shown. Can't get rid of these entries no matter what I do. Everything on Minimserver is per latest version. Any ideas?

[attachment=1410]
Touch the 3 dots at the right, then select Info and look at the Uri field at the bottom of the list. This will show you the location of the file.
thanks for the tip. I figured out why I couldn't find the files (which by the way were junk files sitting in my network iTunes-downloads location).

My music locations are of the form

/volume1/Music (where all my core music files are) and
/volume1/Public/iTunes/iTunes/Media/Music (for purchased iTunes files, shared access with my children's laptops).

Minimserver will not let me specify the content directories as above, as it reports a Directory name conflict as both entries end in "Music". Due to this minor annoyance I had set the iTunes location at the Media directory level, so Minimserver was scanning in non-audio directories as well, where it happened to find these junk AIFF files. I was searching only in the Music locations, hence I did not find them.

It would be nice if Minimserver could support more flexibility in specifying multiple network locations with a common final node name.
(04-09-2017 17:47)ac16161 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if Minimserver could support more flexibility in specifying multiple network locations with a common final node name.

Some things are more difficult than they appear and this is one of them.

Another solution would be for you to rename /volume1/Music to something else. For example, I have used Musicfiles and Media as folder names in such cases.
Well I wouldn't presume to debate you on how tricky it might be to change this. The constraint has only ever tripped me up a couple of times and I was able to work around it.
Reference URL's