MinimServer Forum

Full Version: play DXD music files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, guys!
I have some trouble, I have tried to find a resolve of this in the forum but I don't find alike issue. The fact is I have my MinimServer on Linux desktop, this computer is used only as a server. I tried to play DXD files (352/24) on my renderer using Minim as a DS, files are played but velocity of playing is twice slower then normal one. Maybe anybody had the same issue? Any advices are appreciated.
It sounds like your renderer might not support 352/24.
(16-06-2017 03:22)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like your renderer might not support 352/24.

Simoncn, If believe manual of my renderer it can play up to 32/384. Please, take a look NMR
(16-06-2017 07:13)Andrew_l Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-06-2017 03:22)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like your renderer might not support 352/24.

Simoncn, If believe manual of my renderer it can play up to 32/384. Please, take a look NMR
Are your DXD files wav or flac. the data sheet says that only uncompressed (wav, aiff) files will be supported to DXD rates. flac only to 192KHz.
(16-06-2017 10:38)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-06-2017 07:13)Andrew_l Wrote: [ -> ]

Are your DXD files wav or flac. the data sheet says that only uncompressed (wav, aiff) files will be supported to DXD rates. flac only to 192KHz.

Beckphotonik,thank you for your prompt. My DXD files are really in flac format. I missed this point...
This means you can solve the problem by using MinimStreamer to transcode FLAC to WAV.
(16-06-2017 16:53)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This means you can solve the problem by using MinimStreamer to transcode FLAC to WAV.

Gentlemen, thank you for your advices. I decided to try to convert a DXD 384 flac into DXD 384 wave by fre:ac. I got the converted DXD 384 wave file and check it by Music Scope and it turned out to be really 384/24 wave file. But unfortunately when I tried to play it by Minim and my renderer , it was played two times slower. Why? I'm stumped ))
Simoncn, would you explain me more detailed how can I use Minimstreamer or give me a reference to a manual. I have installed MinimSreamer on my MinimServer . What I must do next?
If you can't play a WAV file from disk, using MinimStreamer to transcode from FLAC to WAV "on the fly" won't help. I think you need to ask the renderer manufacturer why your 384/24 WAV file isn't playing correctly.
(26-06-2017 04:59)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't play a WAV file from disk, using MinimStreamer to transcode from FLAC to WAV "on the fly" won't help. I think you need to ask the renderer manufacturer why your 384/24 WAV file isn't playing correctly.

Simoncn, thank you for the reply. I completely understand, that in my case transcoding " on the fly" by MinimStreamer won't help me and I no doubt will ask my manufacturer about this issue, but I have enough quantity of DXD flac files which I would like to be transcoded by Minim Streamer , when I'll solve my question regarding DXD.
The MinimStreamer transcoding options are described in this section. For example, to transcode all FLAC files to WAV, you can put flac:wav in the stream.transcode property.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's